Underbody rust on a brand new Prado

Darman

I have purchased a brand new Toyota Land cruiser Prado (Kakadu), last month.

While checking the vehicle, I observed most of the underbody parts are rusted on this vehicle like
1) Tie rod
2) Shocks Absorber bolts, nuts and washers.
3) Break liners and assembly behind the disks, mainly the rear ones.

After contacting the Dealer and to check why didn't they do any Pre Delivery Inspection, so he is saying this is quite normal as certain parts are untreated from the factory and this is not a structural damage and should be covered under rust protection.

It would be greatly appreciated, if someone can advise if this is the common problem with the new Prado's.

When we are paying top notch for these 4WD's here in Australia, should we except these rusted parts on a brand new cars? Isn't this a ripoff especially we are buying a standard Japanese car. Why can't Toyota can supply the galvanised bolts and nuts as a standard accessories. And does a dealer have any responsibility in treating these rusted parts under Warranty?

Thanks,

20220313_173651.jpg

20220313_173804.jpg

20220313_174255.jpg

20220313_174315.jpg

20220313_175003.jpg

Edited by Darman
Added one more point in the topic

That's pretty much a standard thing these days mate. It's only surface rust and those parts will not rot out, if that's what you're thinking. Go and take a look at other models and brand of cars. You'll see the same thing. My Colorado was brand new when I got it, and it also had the same thing.

Not sure why the factory will make the piece, powder coat it, then decide to machine a section of it to tidy it up. I can understand them machining the mating surfaces, but the sections that aren't used is not necessary. It's possible that those suspension components may also fit different models of Toyota and are tooled up in the same way for a multi fit approach. Who knows for sure.

If it bothers you too much, You can purchase some rust converter and treat the affected areas. This will neutralise the surface rust, then you can apply a waxy film or some gloss epoxy spray paint.

This is the stuff I'm talking about and is an excellent product. I use it to preserve bare metal objects I have in storage. You can buy it a CBC Bearings store. I do believe they also sell rust converter too. Just ask them for it.

https://www.industrysearch.com.au/corrosion-inhibitors-crc-anti-corrosion-heavy-wax-film/p/83138