New Corona owner

half

Hi guys. I have just acquired a 1995 corona for the princely sum of $200  Ok it been around the block a few times with 340 clicks on it. It is real tidy inside, but the bonnet and roof were a mess with missing clearcoat.
So I have resprayed that part with new basecoat and clear, and it looks good. It has a few problems with wiring, I had to do a bit of work on the dome light switch with the soldering gun to get it to work. 
The windscreen washer bottle was falling to bits. So I replaced it with a good tupperware product for $2 from the local Hospice shop and it is fine. so now I have to trace the wiring circuit to get the washer working from the wiper switch. It works fine from the battery. So any ideas would be appreciated.
But really it runs nice and is economical, And I like it. I had a Trooper and this is so much easier to park and so quiet when it runs.
I know nothing about Toyotas so it is a big learning curve I,m in New Zealand

Edited by half
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum Chris, Sounds like a nice project car for you. The old Toyotas were actually super easy to work on so you will be fine if you keep tackling it like you have. Think ahead plan ahead and just take your time tracing wires, personally I would do as much rewiring as you can handle as all will be aged and in need of replacing or inspection at the very least. Lets us know how you get on with the refreshing of your Corona mate. Well done on keeping an old gem alive.

KAA

Thanks for that  I see the cam belt can be a mission but that is not a worry at the moment. Wiring diagram would be a big help, but all the other electrickery seems to be doing the right things. Someone has just put a brand new radiator in, and all tyres look new too. So we will just keep on top of it doing bits and pieces as they arise 

20220428_155838.jpg

• Thanks 1