TRD CAI installed on IZZ-FE & ZZE122

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbe and i thought i'd put a comment on about the TRD CAI on the IZZ-FE engine & ZZE122 chassis. My issue is that the TRD CAI seems to have been designed for the Sportivo (ZZE123) and fitting it in the standard 2005 Corolla is not a perfect fit - and for people like me who need to have things perfect - it's a bit concerning.

see: http://www.trdsales.com/shop/addprod.asp?p...517&itemid=1519 and i should have realised that it stated ZZE123 and not ZZE122.

When i say it isn't a perfect fit i mean that the secondary mounting plate that is on the CAI does not have anywhere to be bolted onto. The first does and is secure but the second is just sticking up and the guys that installed it for me (Toyota) said it isn't necessary.

I'm not sure about this as i feel that it should be secured using both points. I noticed that CORZZA has a standard Corolal and the TRD CAI so if you read this what do you and others think about this?

My concern is that with the second support floating that it is not as firmly fixed to the car chassis as would be ideal and hence could vibrate a bit with motion and bumps etc

Thanks for any comments you can give.

Just an update:

I saw Danthuyer's guide to installing the TRD CAI at:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=711

And it states that we should cut the 2nd support point (the following is sourced from Danthuyer's guide) and see the attached image (Thanks Danthuyer):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This shows the bracket which needs to be cut before installing (as the bracket is made for the XR-S not our sportivo)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So perhaps it's OK to to do this for the IZZ-FE (& 2ZZ-GE as well) and it should be fine.

It's bad to be a perfectionist hehe.

Cheers...

post-2058-1145652134_thumb.jpg