Infiniti G35 in Aus?

Hi All,

Thought I'd see if anyone has actually seen one of these cars in Australia? I thought it wasn't available here, but at the local shops today (in perth) i saw a red one with ....wait for it... SKYLINE and 3.5 (or 3.0) GT emblems on the rear. Weird right? It even had a nissan badge. It's exactly like the car here:

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...ts/4_11_nis.htm

I was looking at the rear of it. Exactly the same except imagine a nissan and skyline emblem where the infiniti ones are. Now obviously the owner could've replaced the badges, but do u reckon it would've cost a fortune to import the car? I was wondering if maybe Nissan has imported a few as a pre-launch? It's definitely a head-turned in person.

So anyway, would love to know if anyone has seen this car driving around?

seen that car 2months ago, on M4 in sydney. I know its weird but its called Skyline 35GT. hahaha....

also today i read it on some magazine. they will cost around $40,000aud

they will have it in 2 model, 200kw and 220kw , the 4 door sedan will be out later this year....

Edited by leasaunce

Goodies! At least i know i wasn't imagining things. I think it's silly for them to call it a skyline because even though it looks similar to the unreleased skyline GT-R, it's definitely not what a skyline should be (or will be). I mean come on, the 4 door G35 looks like a family sedan :P

But anyway, 40k is an awesome price. I'd be very surprised if it sells that cheap. Does anyone have an idea of when the "skylines" will be on sale?

The nissan site doesn't seem to hint at anything...

hey

they've been on sale in perth for quite a while now, at least the past 6 months.

the sedans are going for $35000+ and the coupe...i know there's a 2 door coupe for sale for $47000, in blue and 15000km only.

they're all jap imports not brand new :rolleyes:

hey

they've been on sale in perth for quite a while now, at least the past 6 months.

the sedans are going for $35000+ and the coupe...i know there's a 2 door coupe for sale for $47000, in blue and 15000km only.

they're all jap imports not brand new :rolleyes:

interesting...... veeeery interesting....

I better keep my eyes out for more of them around the street.