Car stalls whilst under load

I have a 2001 sportivo turbo and I experimented with the performance aspect of the car. Once the car was under load, the car suddenly stalled and I had to use the ignition to turn it back on. The idle battery levels also dropped as well. I was thinking this was a distributor/alternator and/or fuel pump problem. Does anyone have any insight on this.

Update, I just got the car serviced and the battery replaced but I’m still suss on the car stalling. Maybe it’s the ECU or the alternator 

The AE112 Sportivos do have a history of failing ECUs - they're a TOMs specific unit that is very expensive to replace.  I know several instances of people replacing them with aftermarket units rather than trying to get the factory one replaced or repaired (and considering there were only 110 of them, more than a couple people accounts for a statistically significant percentage).  Fortunately, almost the rest of the stuff (alternator, distributor etc) is standard common-or-garden 7AFE so relatively cheap and easy to replace

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 9:04 AM, Hiro said:

The AE112 Sportivos do have a history of failing ECUs - they're a TOMs specific unit that is very expensive to replace.  I know several instances of people replacing them with aftermarket units rather than trying to get the factory one replaced or repaired (and considering there were only 110 of them, more than a couple people accounts for a statistically significant percentage).  Fortunately, almost the rest of the stuff (alternator, distributor etc) is standard common-or-garden 7AFE so relatively cheap and easy to replace

Yeah that’s unfortunate I’ve also realised that after high revs the barely catches idle and prevents stalling. So it actually might be an IAC problem or a vacuum leak. The car also idles lower ones its warm too causing the alternator to not recharge effectively. Might get the intake checked out.