Installing - black tail lights - help needed plz :)

toyota dealerships now only supply pre facelift tail-lights

The shape and size is still the same, however the wiring changed

So they are straight plug and play for 02-04(Pre-Facelift)

not plug and play for 04-06 (Facelift)

Sorry if someone already said this

I have no idea what mine is... it's a 2001 RunX

pics here...

did you purchase it through a Toyota dealership?

Me? Got it from Auto Joy.

now go back and note the point where he said that Toyota Dealers only sell ones for the pre-facelift model... ;)

did you purchase it through a Toyota dealership?

Me? Got it from Auto Joy.

now go back and note the point where he said that Toyota Dealers only sell ones for the pre-facelift model... ;)

nope auto joy sell for pre facelift! ;)

Dylan Stirr stirr!

Any way go to castle hill toyota and ask them im sure they had facelift tail lights! Cos they tried to sell me a set

Lol thats the toyota dealership i went to bout a week ago

I know they did have them, but she tried telling me they dont stock them anymore

She ended up calling some people and claimed the only pair they could get in would be pre facelift

To be honest i think some of the toyota people wouldnt no the diff in lights, yer most would, but there are some reallay dumb people

Lol thats the toyota dealership i went to bout a week ago

I know they did have them, but she tried telling me they dont stock them anymore

She ended up calling some people and claimed the only pair they could get in would be pre facelift

To be honest i think some of the toyota people wouldnt no the diff in lights, yer most would, but there are some reallay dumb people

That women knows nothing! I should be working there! <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I just bought a set of Black Altezza lights from Cyber Century. I had the soldering iron out ready to re-wire the lights, then realised to my suprise that the harness was a perfect fit. So no re-wiring was necessary.

• 5 months later...

i didnt know where to actually post this up so yeah....i think im just going to do it here.....im about to buy some clear altezza lgihts for my sportivo 03..they guy that im buying it off use to have it on his levin 03 model i think as he said....he also mentioned that the modified it to fit....so my question is will these fit my 03 sportivo and will i need to modify it aswell to fit?

i didnt know where to actually post this up so yeah....i think im just going to do it here.....im about to buy some clear altezza lgihts for my sportivo 03..they guy that im buying it off use to have it on his levin 03 model i think as he said....he also mentioned that the modified it to fit....so my question is will these fit my 03 sportivo and will i need to modify it aswell to fit?

i had just fitted black tail lights to my 03 stivo yesterday (from ebay $237 including post) plug didn't fit

but im no sparky and i was able to rewire them. the aftermarket have 4 lights and standard only have 3 so trail and error cam into play, final verdict is they look great and worth the stuffing around. If anyone wants a photo of the wires that are hooked up (colour to colour) let me know.

i had just fitted black tail lights to my 03 stivo yesterday (from ebay $237 including post) plug didn't fit

but im no sparky and i was able to rewire them. the aftermarket have 4 lights and standard only have 3 so trail and error cam into play, final verdict is they look great and worth the stuffing around. If anyone wants a photo of the wires that are hooked up (colour to colour) let me know.

yes please can you please post up some pics of your tails light re-wired and everything...if you dont mind...

cheerz

yes please can you please post up some pics of your tails light re-wired and everything...if you dont mind...

cheerz

ive tried to put up pics in other topics and it hasn't worked, dont no what im doing wrong but i'll try again, in case it doesn't you can pm your email address to me and i can send them via that, but i'll let you know what goes with what anyway(this is for the alteza tail lights from e-bay to an 03).... new wires to old connection wires...

red to green/white stripe.....yellow to green/yellow stripe.....blue & green wires both join to green/no stripe.....all three blacks to black & white striped wire..... white to red/blue stripe wire.... and thats it your set.

its not hard just time consuming. I hope this helps you and anyone else, good luck.

ps.... final result looks great.

cheerz

ive tried to put up pics in other topics and it hasn't worked, dont no what im doing wrong but i'll try again, in case it doesn't you can pm your email address to me and i can send them via that, but i'll let you know what goes with what anyway(this is for the alteza tail lights from e-bay to an 03).... new wires to old connection wires...

red to green/white stripe.....yellow to green/yellow stripe.....blue & green wires both join to green/no stripe.....all three blacks to black & white striped wire..... white to red/blue stripe wire.... and thats it your set.

its not hard just time consuming. I hope this helps you and anyone else, good luck.

This should help you out buddy:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=113293

Edited by grima88

cheerz

This should help you out buddy:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=113293

gave image shake a try a few times didnt work, tried free image hosting didnt work :angry: , i give up, why cant it be as easy as uploading gallery images? thats a piece of cake even for me :blink:

gave image shake a try a few times didnt work, tried free image hosting didnt work :angry: , i give up, why cant it be as easy as uploading gallery images? thats a piece of cake even for me :blink:

If u cannot understand this (post number 7), you are beyond help :lol:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=150191

Now seeing as I have just done u a huge favour can u plz return it and post those images up for the members who asked for the wiring, Thankyou ;) :)

Edited by grima88

Now seeing as I have just done u a huge favour can u plz return it and post those images up for the members who asked for the wiring, Thankyou ;) :)

dsc01054vw0.th.jpg

grimma88 your a legend thanks for taking the time to show how to post pics, no one else would bother............wiring a bit doggy due to the melbourne meet being the following day

Edited by RoLLing BLK

dsc01054vw0.th.jpg

grimma88 your a legend thanks for taking the time to show how to post pics no one else would bother

No worries mate, glad I could help ;) :)

By the way thanks for the pic

Edited by grima88