Car burning oil

Fartman

Hey guys. I’ve been seeing occasional white smoke coming out of my exhaust here n there and excessive oil consumption out of my sportivo 7A FE Corolla. The car doesn’t smoke up constantly or when I floor it so I’m hoping it’s nothing to do with piston rings. What could be the issue? Oil return line? PCV valve problems?

Sounds like it could be a PCV issue. If you know how to remove it, you can give it a clean and see how it goes. You may have a sludging issue creeping into the equation.

Can I ask how often you do the oil service ?

Probably a good idea to reduce your oil change intervals if you haven't done so already. You might also need to start using a flushing agent during the next few changes to help clean things up a bit.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Sounds like it could be a PCV issue. If you know how to remove it, you can give it a clean and see how it goes. You may have a sludging issue creeping into the equation.

Can I ask how often you do the oil service ?

Probably a good idea to reduce your oil change intervals if you haven't done so already. You might also need to start using a flushing agent during the next few changes to help clean things up a bit.

Hey mate thanks for the advice, I swapped the PCV valve with the stock NA one. It turns out there’s is no vacuum whatsoever in the system. The PCV seems fine but there’s isn’t any suction on it.

Just now, Fartman said:

Hey mate thanks for the advice, I swapped the PCV valve with the stock NA one. It turns out there’s is no vacuum whatsoever in the system. The PCV seems fine but there’s isn’t any suction on it.

Funny thing was, this car burnt through almost 2L of oil in around 6-7k kms of driving. But there’s nowhere near enough smoke coming out of the exhaust for it to be a ring issue. Most likely something with the crank ventilation system