HID Issue

Hey guys

Noticed that one of my HID's doesnt always turn on.

e.g. last night i turn on my lights but only the passenger side one came on. I turn the lights off then back on and both the lights then came on.

Any one else had similar issues in their rolla ?

Cheers

Becarful romp by the sounds of things you havnt earthed it off properly mate!! Dun get zapped get it checked and this goes out to EVERYONE buying HID kits made in CHINA get it checked by a qualified auto electrician!! As i have come across a few that are on the dodgey sound and arnt soldered properly and have the potiential to electricute you if you dun know what your doin!! And the worst case u just may short out your ECU becuase of the power-surge!!!!

Most likely is the ballast. I just took out my friend's Techone HID ballast, its driver side is moody; one day it turns on, the next it doesn't. Take out battery 1st if u r unsure of the wiring when u decide to take it out.

Better buy something like Phillips or Hella HID.

Will definatly invest in a top brand! i really dont wanna shock myself or blow my ECU on a measly $250

Far out

How do I earth it? I got nfi with electrics

Ive read that phillips dont actually make aftermarket hid kits. They just sell the ballasts and globes, whilst the connections etc are put toghether in china and sold as hid kits. So if you buy a Phillips HID kit, it not really a phillips kit, it just uses phillips parts.

if you really can't figure it out, bring it to my friend's place and he will fix it for you.

If it's really faulty, he will replace it under warranty. So don't worry so much

cool ill try plugging it all together again .. but if it happens again ill take it to ur mate

thanks

well guys i must also jump in and say this: It's not just about how cheap a kit is........I have sold many different brands and all have had different pros and cons and the main reason that kits go wrong have been in my experience the people that are the suppliers that bring them into OZ!!! The reason i say this is that i have had some problems where the suppliers buy in bulk the ballasts, bulbs and wires it is then their job to put it in its correct packaging and put the right stickers on the parts because unless u know what to look for the following brands that i mention will all look the same etc.....But when u have some suppliers that have more than one brand that they stock they have been known to mix up bulbs with kits and then you get kits that stuff up or blow or even kits where u get a 8000k bulb and a 5000k bulb and it looks wonky!!! I purchased a TECHONE HID kit when the whole HID conversion kit idea became available and it cost me $680 dollars and i sold them for later for $350, i have still have the same kit on my car for nearly 4years now no probs!! But i have sold GT HID, ENON, MASSCA, TECHONE and the list goes on and its a case of luck of the draw u can get one that lasts for 3months or one like mine that hasnt had a problem *Touch Wood* :P But hey what can you do!! lol!! I will NEVER go back to normal bulbs ever again after having HID'S!! :D i have a mate that installs HID kits so if needed PM me!! :D

thats why aftermarket HID kits are a defect to be able to use them legally u need "self-leveling head lights" and you also need to have "head light washers" well that basically cancels out most cars unless you have a BMW or Accord Euro or sumthing like that!! :P :lol:

Ive read that phillips dont actually make aftermarket hid kits. They just sell the ballasts and globes, whilst the connections etc are put toghether in china and sold as hid kits. So if you buy a Phillips HID kit, it not really a phillips kit, it just uses phillips parts.

That's what are most important, the Ballast and the bulb, so unless your HID kit contain great ballast and bulbs, it is most likely that the HID kit will go bust in approx 1 year. You can buy Phillips HID kit, but it is also true that many brands are using their ballast. Your best bet is not to buy the china made ones if you want reliability.

A good set is the Phillips 4300K - white, slight yellow, maximum illumination. My friend uses that in his DC2R for almost 3 years now and it still shines the way it shines one 1st day. Works best if you have projector headlight.

the bulb im using.. the focal point is a bit short compare with the halogen stock bulbs..

that's y the light is not going to where it is supposed to

cheap bulbs may have that problem

i can't really do anything about it as it's not affecting others...

the bulb im using.. the focal point is a bit short compare with the halogen stock bulbs..

that's y the light is not going to where it is supposed to

cheap bulbs may have that problem

i can't really do anything about it as it's not affecting others...

i checked all my connections seems fine

ill see if the light doesnt turn on any more

only happened those two times