Quick advice needed ! please help ..

Hi, Last nite i was driving and the car in front hit a so called 'brick bomb' a stash of bricks put in the middle of the road in a dark place. I tried to aviod them but they cleaned me up hardcore and punchured my tire ( low profiles) and stuffed the wheel allignment alot.

first of all - what do i do, do i just take it to a tire place or what? ne suggestions would be great..

after that i ran down and caught the guys who set it up, 3 14 yr old guys and a few neighbours came out cornering them with baseball bats. the cops came and did nothing took them away and that was that. becasue no one saw them set it up they don't have to pay- even though one of admitting doing it nothing happens,becasue no one over 18 saw it...so i was ******....total bs if u ask me but yeh. So i have to pay for it..

neways - watch out for bricks...

Dude sorry to hear that. Sounds like those kids need a good beating if you ask me. ADHD my @ss just need to feel some pain! Grrrr. :angry:

Yeah the best place would be a tyre place. They can replace/fix the tyre depending on the damage. They can also check your alighnment and advise if these is any suspension damage.

If the tyre has any sidewall damage then kiss it goodbye. Tyre places won't repair it and it 's too dangerous to drive on as a sidewall fracture sometimes cannot be seen but will let go whenever it feels like it. If the impact was big enough to damage the rim then definately get the tyre removed from the rim and checked thoroughly.

Hi, Last nite i was driving and the car in front hit a so called 'brick bomb' a stash of bricks put in the middle of the road in a dark place. I tried to aviod them but they cleaned me up hardcore and punchured my tire ( low profiles) and stuffed the wheel allignment alot.

first of all - what do i do, do i just take it to a tire place or what? ne suggestions would be great..

after that i ran down and caught the guys who set it up, 3 14 yr old guys and a few neighbours came out cornering them with baseball bats. the cops came and did nothing took them away and that was that. becasue no one saw them set it up they don't have to pay- even though one of admitting doing it nothing happens,becasue no one over 18 saw it...so i was ******....total bs if u ask me but yeh. So i have to pay for it..

neways - watch out for bricks...

Definitely get a tyre place to check it out .... i'd also suggest u get a letter of demand sorted and see if u can address it to the parents of these juviniles (pardon the spelling) ... yeah i dont call them kids they are pests and im sure their parents are going to love a letter in the mail demanding a few hundred dollars to repair damage ..... Again i dunno if it will work but it might be worth a try

Anyone know if our friend here has legal grounds to produce a letter of demand to the parents ????

i hate little delinquent kids who do things like that... if i come across one or more like that im not going to corner them with a baseball bat, im going to smash them with a baseball bat...

im sure if the parents are forced to pay the bill the little ****s wont be going out after dark for a while...

the kids are too smart these days

mainly due to their parents telling them they have rights and what they are (basically telling them they can get away with anything)

i still think a good belting would fix those kids up quick smart. :angry::angry:

worked with ned flanders hehe

but seriously i hope all works out for you and you get everything fixed asap

and lucky it was just your tyre and wheel allignment damadged

it sounds like it could have been a lot worse!!!

Indeed, kids have too much freedom these days..

Too much advertising of child protection services, etc etc.

:angry:

*** damnit! I got belted as a kid.

They should too! That would keep them in line better than anything else.

My cousin hit a brick with an older falcon.....The tire was punched and the rim was cracked....They only noticed the rim cracked when they took it to get the tire replaced and the guy that changed it saw it....The rim cracked where the brick impacted on the rim.....

So dont drive on the rim and get it checked out!!!

Got the tire(s) replaced and fitted for - $120 (i got 2 second hand tires that had 60-70% tread left)

then a wheel alignment for - $44 that helped a little too...

Rang up the cops and they basically said good luck but i can try writing a letter to the parents..still waiting on there address though...

neways thanks for ur help

nb - watch out for prix with brix - casue the cost u $160 + time.. =(

now i have to wait for my black chrome lights.. little *****