Celica 1997 ST204 SX

oldpom

Hi All

Just in process of purchasing a 1997 Celica ST204 SX Auto 2.2 and getting a bit confused when looking for parts. I need to but a radiator and front rotors but when going online to look, the compatible vehicles always comes up with "GT" after the ST204 and I have no idea if they are the same or, if the ST204 is classed as GT here in OZ, any help advice appreciated

5 hours ago, oldpom said:

Hi All

Just in process of purchasing a 1997 Celica ST204 SX Auto 2.2 and getting a bit confused when looking for parts. I need to but a radiator and front rotors but when going online to look, the compatible vehicles always comes up with "GT" after the ST204 and I have no idea if they are the same or, if the ST204 is classed as GT here in OZ, any help advice appreciated

The catalogues are probably pulling from the US market, where the 5SFE-powered ST204 was badged as GT (the lower-spec ST which we didn't get was the 7AFE-powered AT200).  Should be pretty similar to our SX/ZR models (which are both 5SFE ST204s) but do be aware that things like brakes etc can vary from market to market even for nominally the same "spec"