05 STIVO front speaker install

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any instructions on how to remove the front speakers/moulding of the front doors. Can't seem to find any how to's on the forum, so i guess its a good time to start one.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mark

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any instructions on how to remove the front speakers/moulding of the front doors. Can't seem to find any how to's on the forum, so i guess its a good time to start one.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mark

YOu can either drill the metal rivets out (I did this on the back doors)

OR you can pop off the foam around the speaker (if you're careful you wont snap the pieces holding it on..) and unscrew the speaker and pull it off (its solastic'd on so you have to give it a bit of force). if you unscrew it you can then usually mount a new 6.5" speaker. because the stock is 4 screws but my aftermarket was 6. i just used 2 screws and some solastic to help hold it on. no problems thus far.

Unscrewing means you can easily mount a new one where as if you drill the metal rivets off you then have to work out how to get them back on OR make a new mounting surround out of wood.

ok to remove the door trims:

pop off the padded arm rest part, as well as the solid plastic part in front of that (i have an ascent so i dont have to worry about power windows, im not so sure what to do with power windows)...

there is like 3 screws behind these two removable parts. undo them.

then undo the screw in the door handle

undo the screw that is like towards the back of the door and about half way down...

pop the window winder off (you'll have to undo the U shaped clip behind the winder (i cant be bothered explaining exactly how to do that)...

check for more screws in the door in case i forgot one

grab the lower outer corner of the door trim, and pop it out... then just run your hands along the bottom of the door, unpopping all the clips in the door, then go up the sides... then just lift the door trim over the window sill and twist it so you can get the door handle out...

THEN removing the stock speakers is ridiculous...

there's a bunch of ways you can do it, like drilling out the rivets, or just slicing the speakers out...

you'll see when you get the door trim off, but the stock speaker is this ridiculous thing thats riveted onto the metal... i drilled them out and pulled the whole unit out. then i got a stanley knife and ran it all the way along the outside of the cone, then i dremmeled away the supports (i had no intention of saving my stockies, and didnt care if they were destroyed), so i was left with a 6.5" hole.. i mounted my new speaker in, and remounted the crazy plastic thing that was originally riveted into the door...

thats probably the worst explanation ive done, but im tired... it will make more sense once you get the door trims off.