Audio

Heys guys

ive been having problems with my sub

it was working last week but stopped when i moved the ground wires.

i rechecked the wires and fuses there was nothing wrong .

The sub works now But it seems to be alot less bassy ;) i changed 80mhz to 150mhz no the amp and there is no diff in sound.

when i turn the car on and off also i hear the sub go make a doof sound lol

any one know what ive done wrong?? <_<

that last noise is grounding ...

make sure is done real good ... grounding is key !!!!!! ...

Where would be the best grounding?

i have it where the stereo goes in tighten just on the side of the frame not the stereo its self the wires arent that long either.

if u earth the amp to the body, make sure u scrape away the paint first!!! i had the same problem a couple of years ago. whilst it still works, it works lots better if u scrape away the paint so there is direct contact with the metal.

if u earth the amp to the body, make sure u scrape away the paint first!!! i had the same problem a couple of years ago. whilst it still works, it works lots better if u scrape away the paint so there is direct contact with the metal.

yes yes .. forgot to mention that !!

yes yes .. forgot to mention that !!

Ok cool thanks i try it tommorow .

But now have to find out why the sub doesnt put much sound out now :(

Like what they said, make sure you scrap some paint away.

When I mounted my amp under the seat, I used a crimp terminal big enough for the bolt holing the seat down, and when I tested it without the seat there, it was fine because the top of the bolt grounded the terminal down and then connected to the body of the car via the thread of the bolt.

When I fitted the seat back in, there was then the bot of seat between the bolt and the terminal, and both the bottom of the seat rail and the section of the car were painted.

Cause it wasn't earthed properly, I blew about 3 fuses.

I scrapped paint off both bits with a bit of fine grit sandpaper and, bamo, all good (after I replaced the fuses...)

With your sub, what type of sub is it. Maybe you've thrown a voice coil....