should l buy a used camry or new MG3 core

cranswick

My budget is $20,000 l am looking to replace my old camry at the end of the year my budget is $20,000. l was planning on getting a used camry under ten years old and under 120,000 kms. But then l saw you can buy a brand new car a MG3 core for $19,500 with a 7 year warranty. My main aim is to have a reliable car that will last around ten years without serious problems , with the MG core l am guaranteed for 7 years with the warranty., l have been driving a camry for the past 20 years, how different would the MG core be to drive, will it seem alot smaller? Do you think l should get a used camry or a MG core

Opinion only.

What we did was to buy an MG ZS. Trade in offered on our 12 year old Hyundai i30 was 4 to 5 thousand. We sold it privately, virtually over night, for $10,500. Out going for a roadworthy cert was $500. Thus our change over was only $14k.

Go to Car Sales and see what your Camry is bringing and consider what your change over would be. 

The ZS is the small SUV, little brother to the HS. We are quite happy with it.

Herb

Thanks, yes l am thinking of a MG 3 or MG ZS, with my $20,000 budget, the main reason is compared to a used camry l will get a  new car warrnaty. l have read some good reviews and bad reviews of MG cars so l am unsure, Even though it has a long warranty l dont want to have to deal with breakdowns and problems in a few years, do you think it will be fairly mechanically relaible

Yes, all things can have good and bad events, same as cars.  Toyota had a world wide reputation for reliability, but some years back they had a real bad run, that tarnished it.

Our ZS has performed well, no issues. One gripe I had, but fixed, is that the wheels are held on by bolts, not studs. It's very hard lifting the wheel into position and getting a bolt started. What I did was to buy 2 bolts, of the correct thread and about 100mm long, cut the head of and turned a tapper onto them. Now it's much easier, just screw these bolts in, loosely locate the taper in the wheel holes and push onto the hub. fit some of the bolts and then remove these starters. 

There are some accessories available on the market. I've bought a dash cover and centre console. We couldn't find fitted seat covers, so I adapted ASX ones.

I'm also a member of an MG club, having an MGB, and quite a few other members have bought new MGs, and they all praise them.

Herb