4Y head gasket

Hi there, new to this forum but straight out of the gate I am looking for opinions!

I have a 95 Spacia with the 4Y fuel injected engine, it recently did a head gasket, long story short, a full rebuild, bearings, rings, cam, head bolts ect, all the machining, testing ect was performed by a local engine rebuilder.

I used a 4Y forklift workshop manual for all the info

I had the blocked decked and head pressure tested and machined, I did all the labour (not a mechanic). Have built approximately 10 engines in the past.

I lost the block dowels and fitted head without these, was on engine stand, easy to line up ect.

Something is drastically wrong, still getting what I think is exhaust gases in coolant, with radiator cap off I am seeing bubbles at idle.

Is there something I might have missed?

It is as if I have done nothing, it is exactly the same symptoms prior to the rebuild

Any thoughts?

Mrs Bishop, the lady that owned the van from new was 94 years old when she last drove it. Thus the name

Cheers Russell

To me the symptoms are like a cracked head. You say that the machine shop did all the testing. Did this include crack testing the head? What about a cracked bore?

Herb

• Join The Club

Join the Toyota Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Latest Postings

1. 0

Transmission clunk

2. 15

FUEL WARNING MESSAGE

3. 0

Yaris Cross roof rack

4. 0

Hello Toyota Club AU

5. 15

FUEL WARNING MESSAGE

6. 0

How hard is to to fit an clinometer?

7. 0

Hilux 2.7 1998 has knock in motor

8. 7

2017 Kluger AWD. Noise in Cabin - Bearing/Diff. Not Sure.

9. 9

Engine Immobiliser

10. 0

Rock sliders installation

Forums

News

Membership