CELICAS <===

KaZe-

Hey Celica boys,

can any one tell me whats the difference between the ZR celica and the SX celica and auto too....

Cheers Steven

if its the 7th generation, i know the ZR is heavier than the SX due to the sunroof and other extras, also has 16inch wheels instead of 15inch for the SX. Other than that mechanically its similar, comes with 2zzge and C64 6 speed gearbox.

Don't waste your money on auto for this car, the car drives like a bloody slug if u get an auto, it needs a proper close ratio manual gearbox to extract the engine's potential. unless you simply cannot drive manual, then i probably recommend you get a v6 or v8. ;)

Hey Celica boys,

can any one tell me whats the difference between the ZR celica and the SX celica and auto too....

Cheers Steven

if its the 7th generation, i know the ZR is heavier than the SX due to the sunroof and other extras, also has 16inch wheels instead of 15inch for the SX. Other than that mechanically its similar, comes with 2zzge and C64 6 speed gearbox.

Don't waste your money on auto for this car, the car drives like a bloody slug if u get an auto, it needs a proper close ratio manual gearbox to extract the engine's potential. unless you simply cannot drive manual, then i probably recommend you get a v6 or v8. ;)

werd....

NO GO AUTO!~

zr = beter ROFL

nah same thing diffrent colour seats, smaller rims, headunit etc. etc.

the 2000 and the 2003+ models have diffrent interior and exterior

20003 has black interior, new rear tails and front bar, but yea.. limiter at 8000rpm

2000 has it as 8200

and 2002 has it at 7800 :P

but the sx auto still has lift right??? its for my borhter vyet i was gonna get him a levin but man i cant find any auto ones and he hates big cars eg.. holdens/fords

Steve,

Steve, its got the same engine so yes there is still LIFT. But LIFT is between 6000rpm and 8200rpm, the auto gearbox doesn't allow you to remain in LIFT since the ratios are noticeably wider than the 6 speed manual so the auto will be much slower and sluggish. Plus the 2zzge hasn't got much torque low in the rev range so it will be very frustrating to drive with an auto gearbox. Get a Hyundai Tiburon if your brother wants an auto sports coupe, its V6 so has plenty of torque to punt around or the Integra luxury model comes in auto too and has a 2litre engine.

• 3 weeks later...

well dont forget the TTR version...SX...ZR and TTR and apart from that all celicas are the same m8..1.8 litre so everything is cosmetic

k1.jpg

so i heard also a tiburon barely scrapes past 160kw with a supercharger......not good when a naturally aspirated 7th gen celica is 141kw with 2 less cylinders as well!!!! anyone now how many KW a stock supra is?

Edited by CELICR

• 5 weeks later...