gearbox syncros

i think it is, some people have it fixed by warranty

i have that problem too but i dont have warranty =[ and not to mention its super expensive.

for now just try double clutching to baby your syncros

Edited by vyets

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issues and got mine fixed under warranty.

Toyota MtGravat (Brisbane) replaced them for me and all crunching is gone...

However I still have an issue when shifting from 1st to 2nd when reving her in Lift (other then that she is running 100% now)... Much much better then before.

Cheers

FB

What is double clutching lol?

is that when u press the clutch in twice?

Waaahahahahahaha lol

Sorry man, I had to laugh lmao. Aight Aight Giorgi I'll explain...

The shifter, rather than going straight to the next gear, makes a stop in neutral and then the clutch is released. This is to allow the engine to slow down (or with a tap on the gas, speed up when downshifting) so the transition into the next gear is much more smooth. The driver then depresses the clutch again and completes the shift into the target gear, and finally the clutch is released again, putting the car back into gear. It only takes a split second for the engine speed to match the speed of the gears, so the entire action is done very quickly as a fluid sequence of events.

You do this when downshifting obviously man. I do it all the time where I can. It also sets up the car better entering into corners ;)

What is double clutching lol?

is that when u press the clutch in twice?

Waaahahahahahaha lol

Sorry man, I had to laugh lmao. Aight Aight Giorgi I'll explain...

The shifter, rather than going straight to the next gear, makes a stop in neutral and then the clutch is released. This is to allow the engine to slow down (or with a tap on the gas, speed up when downshifting) so the transition into the next gear is much more smooth. The driver then depresses the clutch again and completes the shift into the target gear, and finally the clutch is released again, putting the car back into gear. It only takes a split second for the engine speed to match the speed of the gears, so the entire action is done very quickly as a fluid sequence of events.

You do this when downshifting obviously man. I do it all the time where I can. It also sets up the car better entering into corners ;)

:lol:

basically like heel and toe...

but without the heel and toe lol..

Yeah man. I thought double clutching was upshifting from 2nd to 4th, 3rd to 5th etc when I was a youngin don't worry hahaha. Man I felt like an idiot.

Usually you'd only double-clutch when you don't have syncros....or a massive f*ing load (like a semi trailer...)

just a bit of a new member here , hello all , just wondering if anyone knows about gearbox syncro problems for a 04 sportivo massive CRUNCH when going down from 3rd to 2nd "HELP" [is it covered by warrenty]

I just had my synchros and second gear replaced under warranty for exactly the same issue. I went to Toyota at Blacktown (Big dramas surrounding it though, I would not reccomend this dealer)