Weird Knocking Noise on Idle (2zz)

This is probably me being an idiot again, but oh well.

I'm pretty sure this noise is just a common noise, but I'm not sure what it is. There's a slight knocking noise on idle (2zz). Goes with revolutions. Alternator? Coil? It's probably nothing, but I think it sounds terrible lol. Makes it dound like a diesel if you listen closely.

could also be the AC compressor..

Northy it's so ghey, seriously. 'CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK...' ewwwww

I just want it fixed lol. Only just got the front brakes (grinding) sorted today. Fyshwick Toyota in Canberra are miles ahead of any other Toyota dealers in terms of service. They were awesome. Fair enough they didn't notice this knocking noise though. You have to have picky ears for it I reckon.

how u fix the front grinding noise??

mine does it it pisses me off sounds like the car is gonna fall apart

also im gettin a hell of a lot of road noise sounds like a whiny diff but only happens randomly?

can anyone shed some light?

yo guys i got the same danm problem, the noise is terrible and brian thought i was just being paranoid...!

What was the problem cause mine does it randomly too and its not my brake pads.

thanks

' I also got the same engine noise; it doesnt bother me that much tho, will they pick that up on service ?

yo guys i got the same danm problem, the noise is terrible and brian thought i was just being paranoid...!

What was the problem cause mine does it randomly too and its not my brake pads.

thanks

' I also got the same engine noise; it doesnt bother me that much tho, will they pick that up on service ?

Brian's right, you shouldn't really be that paranoid...it just sounds ghey lol (the grinding that is).

There have been reports of warped rotors, get that checked. I had the guys check that for me and they greenlighted that. Was fine. So they champfered the rotors and changed the pads for me. Hasn't done much so far, no grinding at all, or squeaking.

Now, the engine noise. I reckon it is the bearing in the alternator (as stated before, cheers mate). I personally HATE the fecking sound lol. That can be changed under warranty (cheers again mate ;))

PS: Tell Brian I love him for running a 14.4 lmao

yeah i shouldnt be so paranoid lol, i will get it all checked out next service.

i was meant to service it befor drag day, that too cause i was paranoid thinking my car was running ****'

but... my car proved me wrong!

thanks

all these problems with the stivos and i have had my fair share and only just hit 10k, hate to say it but im losing faith in toyota and thinking of going back to my honda clan, dont flame me guys but its meant to be a brand new car and all these little things keep popping up thats just utter nonsense especially in a new car, and having to go back time and time again to get it fixed under warrenty when we shouldnt have to in the first place (yes i have had a crap day :lol: ).

all these problems with the stivos and i have had my fair share and only just hit 10k, hate to say it but im losing faith in toyota and thinking of going back to my honda clan, dont flame me guys but its meant to be a brand new car and all these little things keep popping up thats just utter nonsense especially in a new car, and having to go back time and time again to get it fixed under warrenty when we shouldnt have to in the first place (yes i have had a crap day :lol: ).

Nah I still love em. They're only small stupid problems though. At least they aren't huge...like the recall Hyundai had when they found out the weld points in the Tiburon design were wrong and caused the car to envelope like a mouse trap when you were in an even 'mild' low speed head on.

At least the motors are still decent. I love Honda as well...but if you want parts they are hard to come by sometimes. Plus they are so expensive.

I'd love a new Type S though ;)

toyotas are reliable, its just small noises n little **** ups the cars rnt breaking down all over the joint, and for the price you pay for these things try finding another brand new car that would compeat with them!

new type s is hard core; There handling alone kills the corollas, its scary!

yeah stivos do have a great engine buts its a common myth too that honda parts are expensive (ok exception on type r teg) i have owned 4 hondas and they all did over 300k and id say i only spent 3k total on spare parts and servicing. Hondaworld in Melb, spare parts and servicing, talk to chris ;)

yeah stivos do have a great engine buts its a common myth too that honda parts are expensive (ok exception on type r teg) i have owned 4 hondas and they all did over 300k and id say i only spent 3k total on spare parts and servicing. Hondaworld in Melb, spare parts and servicing, talk to chris ;)

Yeah but I'd want a Type S lmao. Parts $$$? lol

Oooo! Actually lets drop a K20A into a little 2 door hatch 94' civic. Mad.

i have been in a civic with a H22A supercharged now thats scary ****

Did the thing corner? lol

I like the VtiR liftback civics too. Soooo many aftermarket performance and styling parts for all civics too. The projector headlights I've seen for them look crazy :o

Our cars are made in South Africa. I know a South African (who dosen't there are heaps of them living here now) and he rubbished SA build quality even on the BMW 3 series that are built there. So we are probably lucky only minor things on some cars and gees when you are driving these things at 7000+ revs expect something to fluck up or off.

As for Honda lets see how they go now they are built all over the world. All the new Civics we get are built in Thailand there quality is yet to be proven so not knocking them either.

Related to the original topic: I'm assuming you mean the mechanical noise at idle like a diesel. If so that would be the chain driven cam gears, they make more noise than a belt.

Ahhh ok. I shall see if the other guys make this noise.

I still think the bearing on the alternator is gone.