Liteace auto 82

morghana

Hi, I have aquired an automatic Liteace 82 and although i was told to always leave it in overdrive, I was just wondering if that was correct. If i have to go up a steep hill should i turn it off ? If so, must i stop to turn off overdrive.

Thankyou .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i would leave it in o/d alll the time, the transmission wont shift into o/d it until speed reaches bout 70kms, so until then the auto will be in third, i dont no why they give you the option to turn it off anyway, its an extra gear to have, the engine works less harder, and you get more out of every gear by having an extra.

up a hill the trans will kick down anyway even if the lever is in o/d. you dont have to stop to turn it off just lower the speed to around the sixty mark before you do but. sorry for the long reply hope it helps.

Hi, i would leave it in o/d alll the time, the transmission wont shift into o/d it until speed reaches bout 70kms, so until then the auto will be in third, i dont no why they give you the option to turn it off anyway, its an extra gear to have, the engine works less harder, and you get more out of every gear by having an extra.

up a hill the trans will kick down anyway even if the lever is in o/d. you dont have to stop to turn it off just lower the speed to around the sixty mark before you do but. sorry for the long reply hope it helps.

The button is there so that if you are holding a speed somewhere between 3rd & 4th (say, going up a long hill) you can switch 4th out so that the box isn't constantly hunting between the two, as autos tend to do.

I think its a bit of cost cutting on Toyota's part, so they can use the 3 speed selector and surrounds but still offer the overdrive.