Hey guys are these foglights the same as OUR rollas?

They are perfectly legal if used correctly and under the correct circumstances ie, in inclement and adverse weather conditions.

I also think of the Corolla lights as driving lights not fog lights as when you turn them on they actually don't do much, they actually fill the close range gap and a little to the side that the standard lights do not get to so actually provide a benefit. They DO NOT dazzle oncoming drivers like others would make you believe and I actually demonstrated this fact to a police officer one night shortly after buying the car a couple of years ago. He let me go as he could see my point...

They are perfectly legal if used correctly and under the correct circumstances ie, in inclement and adverse weather conditions.

I also think of the Corolla lights as driving lights not fog lights as when you turn them on they actually don't do much, they actually fill the close range gap and a little to the side that the standard lights do not get to so actually provide a benefit. They DO NOT dazzle oncoming drivers like others would make you believe and I actually demonstrated this fact to a police officer one night shortly after buying the car a couple of years ago. He let me go as he could see my point...

Front fog/driving lights are not illegal to have on in Victoria (not sure about other states). Rear ones however are illegal to have on in non-foggy conditions. It is an infringement to "Operate Rear Fog light other than as permitted". There is no infringement that related to front fog lights. If a cop was to book you, I would love to know what rule he was booking you under. I am sure you could get out of it.

If you are booked for anything, look up the law yourself, its not hard and often you can argue the case to the cop or the court and win. Judges hate their time wasted by that sort of crap from traffic cops and will often side with you if you have a legitimate case.

this is a good place to start:

http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au/Domino/Web_N...sf?OpenDatabase

Edited by Gipper

You fellas are all off topic.

Those fog lights are in our corolla design (pre facelift) and will most likely fit, ask them to send you pics of the rear (more then those they have on the site) and dimensions and i will confirm this for you.

most of the people here had their foggies come "free" with the car, i think only a few of us have installed them ourselves.

So talk to either the chrome man (that's me! :lol: ) or buddah.

parts train also do a foggie kit for us in aust.

or... find a wrecker...