Separate category for imports?

kiwi2768

Hi everyone. I was just browsing yesterday and came across this forum. I am currently driving a 1990 CV30 Camry ZE, 2.0 turbo diesel (well, not currently cos I'm here posting this message and the car is at the Toyota workshop ;) ) I noticed the UK TOC has a separate category for imports and was wondering why there's not one here.

Anyway, I've had my car since November and we reckon it's never had a decent service in its time in Aussie (8 years) and it was leaking fuel from somewhere (an injector we think), and wasn't keen on starting on cold mornings. So we took it to the nearest Toyota dealer (450km away) for a super-duper service etc. It has been there for nigh on 8 weeks as they are waiting on a harmonic balancer to come from Japan :huh: . I think it must be being sent by tortoise <_< . Hopefully we can pick it up next week after we give them buckets full of cash :o .

Must be some others out there who are driving around in imported cars.

This car is the 3rd import I've had, the first being a 1982 AE70 Corolla (ultra reliable, pity the rust got to it) and a 1988 Corona Hatchback.

We've also got a (dirty word) Nissan Terrano 3.2 TD - hubby reckons thats the best thing since sliced bread.

• 4 weeks later...

Dont worry your not alone in bit wide world of imports :blink: , 2 of my current cars are imported direct from japan and a few previous rides also, the jzx90 i have was only imported recently B) the best thing with the imports are the individuality in what u drive, you know u will drive down the road and not see 4 of them in the carpark at your local deli :lol:

thats what i think neways :P

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone. I was just browsing yesterday and came across this forum. I am currently driving a 1990 CV30 Camry ZE, 2.0 turbo diesel (well, not currently cos I'm here posting this message and the car is at the Toyota workshop ;) ) I noticed the UK TOC has a separate category for imports and was wondering why there's not one here.

Anyway, I've had my car since November and we reckon it's never had a decent service in its time in Aussie (8 years) and it was leaking fuel from somewhere (an injector we think), and wasn't keen on starting on cold mornings. So we took it to the nearest Toyota dealer (450km away) for a super-duper service etc. It has been there for nigh on 8 weeks as they are waiting on a harmonic balancer to come from Japan :huh: . I think it must be being sent by tortoise <_< . Hopefully we can pick it up next week after we give them buckets full of cash :o .

This car is the 3rd import I've had, the first being a 1982 AE70 Corolla (ultra reliable, pity the rust got to it) and a 1988 Corona Hatchback.

We've also got a (dirty word) Nissan Terrano 3.2 TD - hubby reckons thats the best thing since sliced bread.

I HAVE PURCHASED A 1986 TOYOTA CORONA AVANTE 2.4 LITRE.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FIND ANY MANUALS FOR THIS CAR?

REGARDS

BOB99

I HAVE PURCHASED A 1986 TOYOTA CORONA AVANTE 2.4 LITRE.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FIND ANY MANUALS FOR THIS CAR?

REGARDS

BOB99

here's a link you can look through, it may help. Here's a link that you can look through