Sparks!

I know of this corolla that emits massive sparks from the front of the car after a hard first gear and slam into 2nd. Is this normal behavior? My mates mirage sparked the same way when you sit in on limiter and drop it into 'drive'

anyone seen this before?

2zz stivo btw

I know of this corolla that emits massive sparks from the front of the car after a hard first gear and slam into 2nd. Is this normal behavior? My mates mirage sparked the same way when you sit in on limiter and drop it into 'drive'

anyone seen this before?

2zz stivo btw

Maybe it's the gearbox/diff dragging on the ground after slam into 2nd/drop into drive :huh:

Sounds very strange and definitely not normal

anyone seen this before?

2zz stivo btw

Can you explain this better, where exactly are these sparks coming from, are they electrical sparks? Are they coming from under the car?

I really don't think any sparks are normal.

well basically the sparks (orange kind) come from the bottom of the car (can only see it happen when the car drives past after big first and into second). If it was anything scraping on the ground, im sure it would be heard/felt. Maybe i ought to take this to toyota!

if anyone has any other ideas, let me know!