Pre end of warranty check for Sportivo

My beloved Sportivo is to be 3 years old next month and I'm putting it in for it's 35k service and want to get a pre end of warranty check.

What do you recommend I especially get them to look at as nothing in particular seems to be wrong (touch wood).

But I suppose if something does go wrong quickly after the warranty - I'll at least be able to say you were supposed to check and they may help out - I have found my local dealer to be pretty good.

Get a NON TOYOTA DEALER mechanic to go over it and tell you what needs replacing...

there isnt a chance in hell that a toyota Mech will tell you honestly something that will need replacing soon if it means under warranty

If your in the NSW you can get a thing called a NRMA vehicle Inspecion. You get a full writern report and it tells you everything mechanical about your car and its condition.

So if Toyota questions you can show them the paper and take it from there.

If your in the NSW you can get a thing called a NRMA vehicle Inspecion. You get a full writern report and it tells you everything mechanical about your car and its condition.

So if Toyota questions you can show them the paper and take it from there.

Yep, i did that when i bought a 2nd hand WRX and guess what! $6500 engine repair bill!!! Ended up o'hauling the whole thing, but too bad gearbox went a year later along with 2 new sets of clutches :(

Trev with the low km's that you have done id say there its prolly only going to be seals/rubber things that may be getting old due to the time i dont think there is gonna be alot thats gonna need fixing so to speak, but as the others said fine a non toyota mechanic, possibly get a recomendation from sombody so you know they will look over it with a fine tooth comb.

• 3 weeks later...

My front struts got replaced, apparently the South African built ones have very poor quality.

Check for fluid leaks, my Sportivo also had a lot of noise going over small undulations, sort of thumping noise.

Other known problem areas, the clutch ( see posts) and the 2zz motor in the Celicas had a recall for the liftbolts shearing.