blue_rolla's toy: 1973 KE20

blue_rolla

ok folks... a couple more progress pics... doesnt look too much different to last time, but its got more coats of lemon, and its almost ready for sanding and a top coat...

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

loving it... for anyone considering spraying a vehicle, don't freak out - its really easy... but you gotta make sure your body is good before you bother, which i didnt really spend long enough doing, but its a damn sight better than it used to be...

yep its already got a clear coat, but its rough for now... tomorrow is shining time :)

and more photos time of course...

im so stoked with how its turned out... i think it will be registered very soon, so she'll be coming along to a meet soon :)

• 1 month later...

hey hey... i guess it's time for an update...

now that the painting's done, we're focusing on the interior... we've done the easy things, like ridiculously fluffy seat covers (to match the vintage of the car), white speco/autometer gauges throughout, new wood grain steering wheel etc... there is new carpet to come, as well as a new dash pad..

wheels are coming soon, when we can find the right axles and front hubs to change the stud pattern into something a little more common...

after that, she'll be registered for the road, which will be great fun...

then not too far down the track, the 4age will be going in... we have the engine already, all shined up, just trying to find a gearbox and other bits and pieces we need....

everything for car's is sooo expensive... it's ridiculous...

pics to come hopfully tomorrow... gotta upload them at work, my USB cable is there...

PHOTO EDIT!!!

DSC00455-1.jpg

DSC00456-1.jpg

DSC00458-1.jpg

DSC00459-1.jpg

we put the windscreens back in the car today - it was so easy..

if you're ever wondering how to put a windscreen back in, what we did was put the rubber seals on the winscreen, then got a bit of nylon rope and slotted it in where the seal wraps around the car (that probably makes no sense)... and we just pushed the window down onto the car and pulled the rope out bit by bit and it made the seal wrap around the car...

it seems to be watertight so far - been raining all night and from what i could feel it was dry as a bone in the car when i went and checked...

next its a new set of axles and front hubs to change the wheels... come on next pay day!!