Removing rear tail gate

mik

Hi everyone,

I want to get rid of my rear tail gate bar because it is not colour coded, does anyone know how or has done this sort of surgery before? any pictures of what it may look like?

What about the door handle & the 'door stopper strip' how much do they cost?

Thanks heaps mate!

Hi everyone,

I want to get rid of my rear tail gate bar because it is not colour coded, does anyone know how or has done this sort of surgery before? any pictures of what it may look like?

Thanks heaps mate!

Tail gate? What car do you have man?

Hi everyone,

Thanks heaps mate!

Welcome to TOCAU!! :D B)

Tailgate?... :blink: U mean rear-bumper? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so he's referring to the black door strips and door handles on the Acsent, so i imagine he wants to remove the black strip thats just above the tailgate latch too, the thing that says "S E C A". Sportivo's don't have them... Conquests don't have them... Mine doesn't say SECA anymore... So i dunno... I guess you could buy a colour coded one from Toyota, I know you can buy the door handles

Edit: That is to say, we do have them on our cars too, but instead of having black ones, we have colour coded ones, just like the door handles and strips, sorry if i confused you

Edited by Tayles

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I want to get rid of my rear tail gate bar because it is not colour coded, does anyone know how or has done this sort of surgery before? any pictures of what it may look like? What about the door handle & the 'door stopper strip' how much do they cost?

painting the side mouldings and door handles generally costs $30 to $50 per part. you may be charged more for the labour to dismantle your doors to remove the door handles.

the boot garnish costs more. you would need to buy a new badge for it if you want to stick it on nicely. the oem badge is around $35.

i had this done and was going to plastic weld the key hole but in the end just left it as it added to the cost.

i think it is better to just shave the side mouldings. the look of the car gets changed but is along the lines of the accord euro, just a flat door skin. otherwise painting and sticking everything back on costs quite a bit.

painting the side mouldings and door handles generally costs $30 to $50 per part. you may be charged more for the labour to dismantle your doors to remove the door handles.

the boot garnish costs more. you would need to buy a new badge for it if you want to stick it on nicely. the oem badge is around $35.

i had this done and was going to plastic weld the key hole but in the end just left it as it added to the cost.

i think it is better to just shave the side mouldings. the look of the car gets changed but is along the lines of the accord euro, just a flat door skin. otherwise painting and sticking everything back on costs quite a bit.

's not so hard to remove the door handles, it's one bolt from memory. If they charge you, consider DIY.

As for the door strips I agree with Kcorro, just shave em right off!

not hard but troublesome to get the door handles off. you got to know how to remove the inner door trim and then remove the plastic water shield to reach the back of the door handles. later you need to put the water shield back in place.

not hard but troublesome to get the door handles off. you got to know how to remove the inner door trim and then remove the plastic water shield to reach the back of the door handles. later you need to put the water shield back in place.

Yeah it is fairly fiddly, they would want money for it, lol

• 1 month later...