Clutch burning smell

Hi fellows,

I have noticed that everytime I done some high speed driving or high Rev driving. I could smell the burning smell from the clutch. Is that normal? Have you guys experienced that with your stivo?

Cheers

Pat

are u riding ur clutch too much?

Hi fellows,

I have noticed that everytime I done some high speed driving or high Rev driving. I could smell the burning smell from the clutch. Is that normal? Have you guys experienced that with your stivo?

Cheers

Pat

are u riding ur clutch too much?

I don't think so. I am approaching my tenth year license. I didn't have that experience with my previous cars. Even I took my previous car to track, I didn't have that experience before.

I gut feeling tells me that the clutch is weak for 140kw. Don't know I am right or not.

Yeah...it's common. It went away with mine though. Hasn't happened on mine for a long time. Just a weak clutch plate methinks. That's why a lot of guys upgrade on here.

Thanks for that info, mate. That's what I have been suspected from time to time.

Have you changed your clutch? What brand of cluth do people normally change to? Some heave duty ones? If I do need to change it, any good recommendation?

I think you may find the smell to be coming from the catalytic converter and not the clutch...

Yes it tends to emit a smell similar to a burning clutch but not as strong after a hard drive.

Is it a burning smell or does it smell a bit like a dead animal in the sun? Cause the dead animal smell is your clutch, it reeks when cooked...But the burning smell after a good thrashing is just you brakes and cat...nothing to worry about.

Smell from Cat... that's a possible. but normally it happens when a new Cat is installed ... and should only happen when the cat is new... i have my car for more than one year now.. from brand new.. it should go away a long time ago.

haha dead animal...i guess i haven't killed any innocent one yet... i have clutch failure before.. and that smell is exactly the same as the one i smell now.... strange....

Strange!!!!