Oil catch tank

For starters, the breather tanks are illegal, as they let air in/out of the emissions system.

But yeah, thats what they are meant to do, let more air into the engine intake. Doubt it would really do much for performance.

Cheers,

C.j

Always in Italy is not good if the police looks at the engine and find this polluting filter :ph34r:

I don't want to install this OCT with breather, but I would like to know how does it work.

I think to install the classic OCT.

there are some set ups where the catch can will go from the breather on the rocket cover (usually the one that connects to your intake) and to the pcv valve (situated at the top of the rocket cover on most cars) instead of going from breather straight to intake.

in those situations you will need 3 hoses, 2 going into the rocket cover and 1 to the intake. The reason for that is that if you just use 2 hoses into the rocket cover, its just like blocking up the 2 holes, thus pressure will build up and you will blow your dipstick out or blow some seals.

or instead of having 3 hoses, you can have a breather set up like the one above. only bad thing is that it'll vent out oil fumes into your engine bay which eventually will make its way to your cabin.

i hope that all made sense

just to add the catch cans with the breather on top are illegal as it allows the vapours to excape.

NO NAME: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A%3AIT&rd=1

PETERSON: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=150029150549

those two from my knowledge are illegal because of the breather filter.

correct ..... well not quiet illegal .... just defectable ....... the vent must be plumbed back into the plumbing much like a plumback BOV ......

• 4 weeks later...