Centre console door hinges broken

I broke mine ages ago nearly a year ago now and i had it quoted and nob at toyota said that i have to get the whole centre console replaced for 200$ just for the little tiny piece of black plastic as the door wouldnt stay on so i just left the door off and havnt gone back since i want the door back on but im not paying that much so i dunno im out of warranty as the car is an early 03 model so i dunno im stuck i guess

I broke mine ages ago nearly a year ago now and i had it quoted and nob at toyota said that i have to get the whole centre console replaced for 200$ just for the little tiny piece of black plastic as the door wouldnt stay on so i just left the door off and havnt gone back since i want the door back on but im not paying that much so i dunno im out of warranty as the car is an early 03 model so i dunno im stuck i guess

Thats exactly what toyota told me, it just ran out of warranty as i bought it second hand, i was thinkin of making some make shift hinges so i could just reattach the door, or maybe velcro as a last resort so the centre console looks "whole"

Does any one know how i reattach the spring that fell out when i took out this little door?

• 7 years later...

Hey guys,

Just bringing this good old thread back up. This seems to be a bit of a problem with Toyota not only the Sportivo (as all Corollas had pretty much the same dash, not only in Aus, but the rest of the world too).

Just to let you all know, the centre console now goes for $430 from Toyota not including GST and installation.

How have you guys dealt with it?

Thanks

post-12775-0-87387100-1392021721_thumb.j

Is this section able to be seperated from the rest of the console. If not then I need a Corolla Sportivo and if yes, then I could find any wrecked zze. Any advice and pictures would be great as I know this is effecting a lot of people. Thanks

Edited by maca_10