Toyota End of Warranty Check - $99

Hi everyone,

I just called toyota to book my car in to get a few things done and asked them about a end of warranty check, they said they have a check that can be done for $99.

my factory warranty ends at the end of this month so if they find something they can fix it under warranty so i don't need to fork anything out of my pocket hopefully.

so i was wondering what you all thought of it and if i should go ahead geting my car checked out?

also i've lowered my car on king springs will this cause any issues if i perform the check?

are there any other things i should ask to be check or looked at while im there?

thanks in advance.

With anything aftermarket, if they can pin the fact that the 'modification' caused the problem, they will not cover you.

I am pretty sure it says somewhere in the fine print of warranty that whenever a car is modified, warranty becomes void ...

With anything aftermarket, if they can pin the fact that the 'modification' caused the problem, they will not cover you.

I am pretty sure it says somewhere in the fine print of warranty that whenever a car is modified, warranty becomes void ...

i think that the warrantee is only void for the suspension components if you've modified the suspension... i.e if you have an engine failure it should still be covered. However its only if they somehow can prove that the lowered car contributed to it, say if an engine component is rubbing on the ground or something due to the car being too low... but I beleive technically if the modification and the failure are unrelated, then you will still be covered.

That said i think those 'checks' are full of crap... all they do is tap around with spanners and have a look... for $99 i wouldn't bother... if they do the service properly, they should have already covered anything that could go wrong.

I wouln't pay them to do the end of warranty check.

Get an independant mechanic or even an NRMA/RACV vehicle inspecion and they'll give you a writern report. That way if they question anything you have a peice of paper saying that ther eis somthing wrong and its harder for them to get out of it.

i think that the warrantee is only void for the suspension components if you've modified the suspension... i.e if you have an engine failure it should still be covered. However its only if they somehow can prove that the lowered car contributed to it, say if an engine component is rubbing on the ground or something due to the car being too low... but I beleive technically if the modification and the failure are unrelated, then you will still be covered.

That said i think those 'checks' are full of crap... all they do is tap around with spanners and have a look... for $99 i wouldn't bother... if they do the service properly, they should have already covered anything that could go wrong.

mopiko as in the cream for mozzie bites ?

I tells you what they do at that service, they loosen bolts and cut cables so you have to go back in 12 months to fix those items :P (that's a bit ctnical isn't it)

mopiko as in the cream for mozzie bites ?

I tells you what they do at that service, they loosen bolts and cut cables so you have to go back in 12 months to fix those items :P (that's a bit ctnical isn't it)

thats why u make it loose 1st b4 they fix it :lol:

mopiko put it well. i think if you have got a problem now tell them to check it while your car has warranty or dont bother. out of interest can you list what warranty work you had had done so far?