Sport Pedals Fittings

AE120

Hi, I just recently bought a set of sport pedals, just the cheap brand ones tho (only wanted it for looks) and I was trying to fit them on, I got the clutch and brake one on (surprisingly the brake one was abit difficult) but I can't seem to get the accelerator pedal to go on. The bars that hold the pedals on, seem to get in the way of the screws. I try to push it in but it won't go any further. Anyone can help me plz?

thx

Try to find some shorter screws as that is what i did.

I took my type R pedals off only after a week. I found that i couldnt apply full throtle to the car anymore as the screws touch when the gas is fully depressed. But they did help for heel and toeing but ive got kung fu feet now :D :D and can heel and toe with the stock pedals

No one will be able to help unless you post some pics up <_<

lol sorry, my camera..is sort of out of order atm haha

Try to find some shorter screws as that is what i did.

I took my type R pedals off only after a week. I found that i couldnt apply full throtle to the car anymore as the screws touch when the gas is fully depressed. But they did help for heel and toeing but ive got kung fu feet now :D :D and can heel and toe with the stock pedals

lol, I can't even do heel and toe, too advanced for me....everytime i try....i accidently let go of the clutch and i get a big grind into my gear box X_X.

the screws are a ok length, just the bars that hold the sport pedals onto the normal pedals are in the way of where the screws are suppose to come through. I try to push them more into the middle but i can't cause the accelerator pedal has something thats stopping it from moving.

Mate, your best bet is to actually remove the accelerator pedal and work on it on a bench.

Its not so hard to remove/replace, and having it out of the car will help a great deal in figuring out how to remove the old pin. Due to your pedals not being Toyota items, the pedal may need some modification, but you wont really be able to tell unless you have removed the pedal.

Cheers

JC

I agree with JC, it will make it a heck of a lot easier. I know an old set of non-geniune sports pedals I had, had this problem too....

Modification is what is require....

the pins are tight fitted... try putting a little grease, use a hole puncher with hammer to push in thru the pedals.

is that what u need... cos i am trying to picture what u need...

pics help... even with a mobile pic..

oh ok, thanks. Yeah sorry that I had no pics to show. I sort of just forced it and it did the job. My fingers were sore after that :P