Difference in Cat converter

DuGong

I have a high flow cat in my 1zz...

IMO it doesnt do ***** all, as people have said, these are N/A 1.8L cars, they are slow, removing a cat isnt going to do squat. It isnt worth the potential r@ping from the boys in blue if you want to take your cat out...

don't waste your money, stock is fine.

Ask any decent exhaust shop and they will tell you that the cat on a 2zz is more than enough for the engine. It is of a good design and does actually flow quite well. Compare it to a cat off a 3.8 V6 Commodore shape wise and you'll see that it wouldn't be hard to flow more.

High flow cat is certainly not worth the cost for the gain which is about zippo on a N/A car. And as for the front row seat you will get for the Policeman's ball(rather expensive ticket) you hope that the drinks are included in the ticket price :lol:

• 2 months later...

Well...after my problem Toyota replaced my CAT.

Im feeling like there is restriction there and the same problem will occur again if i dont release pressure from somewhere...

im thinking a larger exhaust from cat back onward would release some of this pressure ..yeah????

instead of getting a high flow cat put on

Look mate, don't listen to all these fools, the cat is where the power is lost man.

ANd don't let the cops sniffing around deter you from boring that lil cat out.

its kw and torque man! just look at this pic for the results you can get,

Super_Cat.jpg

thats the power u're losing if u de-cat!!!!think twice mate..(pls refer to the pic)

Edited by GReddy_ES

• 2 weeks later...

but does the cat makes it sound better? :P

thats what i would like to know too ?

but what i was gonna do was put it onto a cat back exhaust so i can change it bak to stock if i wanted to

the cat also in a sense applies a lil back pressure becoz of the break between header & first muffler ,sort of slowing down or holding the flow of gases,if uve installed a good header system that matches the exhaust its gives it the growling sound (at idle) to the N1 sound (at accelaration),i personally think the cat helps with the acoustics of the exhaust,ive replace mine three times & now ive got just the right system,No droans(at accelaration & decelaration),wicked sounding growl & powerwise its noticable

No need for putting holes in cats :( :(

what ever it might be sounds, looks etc i do believe it is illegal to run a car without a cat (i think this applies for all cars post 1986 or something like that) and im pretty sure there are huge fines associated with it .... i couldnt find a direct link on the epa sight or rta site but im sure ive read it somewhere