People need to learn to drive

mulla

Hey All,

Argh… Got into a hit and run at the supermarket yesterday :angry: Some fool scraped the paint off the rear quarter panel, bit off the rear door and bumper too!! No one’s bothered leaving me a note about it considering it’s a busy parking spot, there’s bound to be people that’s seen it or at least heard something.

Anyway, was quoted $1700+ in repairs!!! Going through insurance and having to fork out $450 excess :(

Need to invent cars with 360 degree cameras with continuous monitor to see what kinda idiot would do that!!!

Booked in for repairs in 2 weeks time… It’s just such an eye sore considering it’s on the drivers side… can see it each time I go drive my car… Kinda feel uneasy too while driving after the incidnet that huge scratch is just stuck on my mind :(

Just feel the need to vent, thanks for reading :)

get a sticker that says, "this car has 007 style weapons on-board, you have been warned"

I know the feeling mulla, I have 2 deep key marks in my passengers side, its quite rude!. and not to mention that fact that the bastards that did it also made dents :@

I got a quote on it, $850. i'll wait till someone rams my side or I have enough for a re-spray to worry about it

i agree but if it is such a problem find a spot where it is isloated and that way u won't have anything happen. I work in a shopping centre so the car park is always changing with cars. I park my car right at the back away from all the traffic. I have an alarm and insurance. But the last thing i want is parking my car close and having some little poofter scratching my ride when all i ahve to do is walk a few more mins.

Big Pete - Sorry to hear that similar misfortunes happened to you as well :( Hope you'll have enough to get it redone soon! There's just way too many idiots on our roads.

PTIVO_LUVA - I always try to find a safer spot whenever I can. One beside a wall / pole so people don't open their doors and hit me, one that backs onto the wall / garden rather then one that backs to another car, never park beside a 4WD, sometimes you don't have a choice when it's a busy car park with people waiting on the driveway for spots, you pretty much have to take anything that turns up :(

It's booked in anyway to get fixed... just hope it'll be over soon and I can be happy with my Camry again :P

i agree but if it is such a problem find a spot where it is isloated and that way u won't have anything happen. I work in a shopping centre so the car park is always changing with cars. I park my car right at the back away from all the traffic. I have an alarm and insurance. But the last thing i want is parking my car close and having some little poofter scratching my ride when all i ahve to do is walk a few more mins.

I always find when I park far from the shops, I always return to see a rusted kingswood or the like parked next to ya..even tho plenty of spots are still available to play with.

When I look for parking spots within a crowded carpark I search for the following ...it comes down to a fine art :)

- wide spaces ....the obvious

- columns..to park close to

- walls...use them

- never park on end spaces

- look for new clean cars

- stay clear of cars with baby seats within

- park on the passengers side of contractors utes (usually only the driver uses it w/no passengers)

- dont park opposite/next to trolley return bays

- never park on a slope/ramp...if so make sure your on the higher side

if all else fails....it does not hurt to get a bit of exercise

Its really #@%! when ppl have no respect for other ppls property

Brad

I hate shopping centres

people always drive soooo slow, even if there is nuffin in-front of them!

I know you should drive slowly incasse someone walks out, but that slow that you have a que of people behind you spaning the length of the parking lot :S

I hate shopping centres

people always drive soooo slow, even if there is nuffin in-front of them!

I know you should drive slowly incasse someone walks out, but that slow that you have a que of people behind you spaning the length of the parking lot :S

I hope I'm not one of those that's holding you up :P I'm always super slow when there's a speed hump... but I'm generally fast-ish around non speed humped parking lots.

V(Sportivo)6 - Very interesting list!! More to add to my in car post it note together with parking instructions :D