NRL Grand Final

SILVABULLIT

Firstly, the disallowed Storm try where the ball clearly bounced off Matt King's head without him playing at it, yet the video ref deemed it a knock on.

Some decisions were dodgy but it went both ways but not that bad.

The above was not it coming off his head but how it got there and the ruling was off a storm players arm - therefore a knock on. The only contention was did it hit his arm or a Bronco's hand. For me it was straight off the Storm players bicep so no problems with that decision.

The second markers were not standing behind the first which does slow the game down and there was too much laying on the tackled player there should have been more penalties for these.

That was a try no doubt about it!!!

Not trying to rain on Brisbane's parade, or be a party-pooper (as I'm from Newy, I hate both teams although Brisbane more), but there were a couple of very dodgy ref/video ref calls in the last 20 minutes or so that turned the game for the Broncos. Firstly, the disallowed Storm try where the ball clearly bounced off Matt King's head without him playing at it, yet the video ref deemed it a knock on. Then there was the deflected pass by Justin Hodges (he clearly played at the ball) that went out and wasn't picked up by the ref, when Melbourne were hard on the attack. Both of these events would have swung control of the game back to Melbourne (or at least evened it up), and the finish would have been a lot different.

Man I'm with you, I don't go for Melboune or anything but I reckon they got robbed blind yesterday by simpkins (he had a shocker). It was one of those matches of footy where I can honestly say that if a select five or so calls were made correctly melbourne could have quite easily won it!

P.S. Thanks bADbOYz for the signiature

P.P.S. PAUL SIMPKINS YOU SUCK... SOMEBODY FIRE HIM!!!

Edited by grima88

Bout time The Bronc's got the benefit of the doubt when Simpkins is the ref. Of all the games I have watched we have kinda always got the rough end of the pineapple.

Maybe times are a changin.........

I didn't have a problem with any of the calls except for the disallowed Matt King try. But that was the video ref's fault. I still think Simpkins is average at best. At least we had a game go our way regarding the ref for once.

I didn't have a problem with any of the calls except for the disallowed Matt King try. But that was the video ref's fault. I still think Simpkins is average at best. At least we had a game go our way regarding the ref for once.

The ones I rememba is Slater's alleged rake (but the guy had already lost control of the ball), A bad pass by a melbourne player that went out AFTER being played at by a Broncos player, the disallowed try (although that was video ref's fault), An alleged high tackle that was not even high and only appeared so becos the brisbane player dived into it which I'll also add occured after a brisbane player committed a shepphard. And those are just the ones that come to mind. (Sorry about not remebering players names guys).

Now I'm not saying Brisbane didn't deserve the victory or that they havn't also been robbed before by Simpkins in the past, but what I am saying is that Simpkins is sh!t, and when you are getting payed alot of money to do ur job and you fumble it (f**k it up) as badly as he has I think he should be severely repramanded (if not his position carefully looked over)

Edited by grima88

plenty of dubious calls!

Melbourne were ROBBED!

Officiating was ddgy to say the least- all the comments made above are perfect examples.

Was at the game and was an awesome atmosphere. Nevertheless congrats to Brisbane.

Melbourne will be back bigger and better in '07!!!