Aristo and Chaser?

Hey all,

I have been doing some research on these two cars and they seem to be a very well kept secret here in Aus. The Aristo in particular has grabbed my attention, Its got the 2JZ TT from the Supra in a sedate yet stylish looking luxury saloon, all for $15-$20K! these were the JDM version of our Lexus GS300.

Then theres the Chaser's I had not seen these before except for in GT2 (remember the black touring car?), its similar but with a 2.5 single turbo and in a more mid sized sedan, manual trans too, but are $25-$30K, i think they would the more performance orienated out of the two.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these cars? Or any thoughts?

Cheers.

The JZS147 aristo's are better value for money than the JZX100 chaser IMO, I expect the aristo prices will start to skyrocket once they become more well known in Aus.

If you look around you can get a manual converted aristo from Japan, Importbitz have just brought a couple in, one with JZA80 Getrag 6-speed installed too ;)

The drivetrain in the JZX100 chaser is excellent, I have a jzx100 engine etc in my wagon.

There's tons of aftermarket gear available for both cars in Japan, the Aristo's usually go with more of a VIP look, but there are quite a few being drifted with cages etc.

Aus JZX forum is here: http://www.jzx100.com

lots of aristo's on the auctions eg http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m33856672

Edited by rollamods

In other words turboed fast next generation Cressida's LOL

Well, the Chaser is based on the same chassis as the Cressida, and the Mark II, and the Cresta (over the years), they're essentially the same car with different badges.

The Aristo on the other hand is the Toyota version of the Lexus GS, slight difference

And the Celsior is a Toyota. The LS is the Lexus version

I'm looking at buying a JZX100 soon... I thought about the Aristo but it just seems too "big". Considering I originally wanted a Supra it was already a stretch to go for a 4 door sports tourer, let alone a land yacht!

I would like to take an Aristo for a test spin to see how it handles though. I drove a JZX100 on a twisty mountain road and loved it to bits.