Mitsubishi step up in performance

My mates old VRX was supposed to be the top model for a lancer though ash and it was complete poo. Just poo. The ascent is the base model for Corolla's so fair enough, but VRX with drums? ***...such poo.

Poo is a funny word. Poo.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this car came 5th in BFYB behind STI, EVO9, VE SS, and 3MPS so i think it says something about its performance. I had a close look at one and the parts on it are quite performance oriented, eg. its TypeR like sexy Recaros, Advan AD07 tyres etc.. Its the looks i don't like, and it lacks finish/refinement. Mitsubushi could have at least done a better job with the red paint on the egine cover, its also got a tiny front mount intercooler but its not like the 1.5 needs anything too big. I belive this car has performance but for the money spent its personal what people want from the car.

The Ralliart Colt has the same seats as the EVO 8 MR. I took one for a test drive from (delibritley) Toowong Mitsu, just so i was able to take it up and over Mt Cootha. It handles like NOTHING i have ever driven, been driven in before. With traction control and stability control in a car this small and light weight and the sticky tyres, the driving sure is fun. It has the usual ABS, EBD but also scores a 9" variable brake booster and brake assist. It also has a GETRAG gearbox. This car packs alot of surprises. While the styling is not to some's taste others will love it. I personally dont mind it and would consider it if Toyota dont get off their A*S*S and do something.

We sit here and bag the car for being overpriced, when like ZEE said it came 5th in the Best Bang For Your Buck. Where was its competition??? :whistling:

Yep what Ash Red Rolla said is correct. It has a lot more gear and engineering thrown at it than the regular Colt. Seats were taken from the EVO8 MR, EVO gearknob, EVO 9 alloy pedals, MP3/WMA 6CD CDplayer, climate control aircon, 30% stiffer bodyshell due to 1.5 times more spotwelds, braces etc etc.. making it stiffer than the EVO's shell. I think this really contributed to how quick it is, plus power/weight ratio and good brakes and tyres.

And even more shocking, i just found out its only 2 seconds off an EVO 9's pace at Wakefield Park!!! :o

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I think if I were in the market for a small car rocket i'd be holding my breath to see if HSV will import the Corsa turbo. I know they are looking at them. Think Holden Barina with a 147kW 1.8 turbo in it with all the usual add ons (bigger rims, kit, handling). Currently the only Corsa onsale in Aus is the Holden Tiagra (which wouldnt be a bad car if it had some balls).

If HSV do this they will own the small car performance market.

not sure if any of u knew this but did u know that mitsubish did a full 180 degree spin on the engine to mount the exhaust ports / turbo @ the front where as the normal colt has the intake ports on the front ;) ;) ;)

not sure if any of u knew this but did u know that mitsubish did a full 180 degree spin on the engine to mount the exhaust ports / turbo @ the front where as the normal colt has the intake ports on the front ;) ;) ;)

so that they would look more like pros, rather than posing newbies trying to do a quick, dodgey, turbo parts bin special? :P ;) :P ;) :P ;) :P ;) :P ;) :P

Edited by shaohaok

With the Colt Turbo keep in mind that turbocharged cars offer a wider variety of modification options straight out of the box than say, a Corolla Sportivo. What can we do to a Stivo to make it go harder?? CAI? Exhaust? Headers? Woo, 5kw. These "air" mods would reap more rewards on a turbo car anyways. What could be done to the Colt Turbo?? Upgrades here and there, wind up the boost a lil' and giddy up! Needless to say though, you would spend more on the Colt.

P.S. Oh and why the f*** did they call this new car the Colt??? Anyone else have this image of a yellow/brown sh*itbox parked in front of every ratty house in Kambah (Canberra suburb)??

Edited by Tayles

My mates old VRX was supposed to be the top model for a lancer though ash and it was complete poo. Just poo. The ascent is the base model for Corolla's so fair enough, but VRX with drums? ***...such poo.

Poo is a funny word. Poo.

My second car was a 98 N15 Pulsar Q, now its spose to be the sporty (aside from the SSS), luxury Pulsar and it still had drums.... I was dissappointed that in 2004 when i brought my CH Lancer it still had drums. But it seems Mitsu have woken up and leaped adhead of most if not all its competition with the 2.4 Mivec ES, in almost every category.

My second car was a 98 N15 Pulsar Q, now its spose to be the sporty (aside from the SSS), luxury Pulsar and it still had drums.... I was dissappointed that in 2004 when i brought my CH Lancer it still had drums. But it seems Mitsu have woken up and leaped adhead of most if not all its competition with the 2.4 Mivec ES, in almost every category.

Appart from in the fuel consumption area. New 2.4 mivec has combined use of almost 10L / 100km. This is approx 2 litres more than any other car in the class. Some are even pushing 7L/100km. Still think the 2.4 is a good idea?

Appart from in the fuel consumption area. New 2.4 mivec has combined use of almost 10L / 100km. This is approx 2 litres more than any other car in the class. Some are even pushing 7L/100km. Still think the 2.4 is a good idea?

Mitsubishi 2.4 ES:

+ ABS & EBD

+ electric windows and mirrors

+ better interior trim

+ 5/10 warrenty

+ cruise control

- bad fuel consumption

= Sh!ts over competition :toast: (so yes)

Sure does put the Corolla, Focus, Astra, Mazda3 in their place in standard equipment for the price

I think if I were in the market for a small car rocket i'd be holding my breath to see if HSV will import the Corsa turbo. I know they are looking at them. Think Holden Barina with a 147kW 1.8 turbo in it with all the usual add ons (bigger rims, kit, handling). Currently the only Corsa onsale in Aus is the Holden Tiagra (which wouldnt be a bad car if it had some balls).

Now that i would consider! i a opel fan i had a opel corsa 2lt turbo and i wish i could do the same here!

Mitsubishi 2.4 ES:

+ ABS & EBD

+ better interior trim

+ 5/10 warrenty

+ cruise control

- bad fuel consumption

Sure does put the Corolla, Focus, Astra, Mazda3 in their place in standard equipment for the price

Iv seen a few lancer 2.4's really give the SP23 a hopeless hiding!

Now that i would consider! i a opel fan i had a opel corsa 2lt turbo and i wish i could do the same here!

Mitsubishi 2.4 ES:

+ ABS & EBD

+ better interior trim

+ 5/10 warrenty

+ cruise control

- bad fuel consumption

Iv seen a few lancer 2.4's really give the SP23 a hopeless hiding!

i got a 2.4 ES back in april..its a decent car..but the fuel consumption..really sux... :angry:

The civic had a stock K20A in it with stock ECU. Cost $2000US to complete the conversion to the EG.

How much does an Evo cost again?

LOOOOOL

I'm sh!t stirring Pete you know me. The Evo's seriously are a piece of art. I think they are the only decent car that Mitsubishi have ever made. I mean the majority of them are ok, but sometimes their cars have made me look and say..."what the? how cheap...".