Good after-sales service!

Hi all,

There's been a fair bit of discussion about how dodgey some of the after-sales service places are so I'd like to relate my story from today.. last week my handbrake was a bit loose (fully on, still slipping back on a really steep hill). That didn't surprise me so much because I drove it up one of the slowest moving hills in Sydney every morning for a year.. and I always used the handbrake .. oh well. So I booked in my car to get that checked. Also asked them to check the reversing sensors and replace the rubber stopper missing from my driver's door.

Honestly I'm pretty sure I kicked out that stopper at some point, but they replaced it, tightened the handbrake (hardcore, it now only needs to be 1cm from the bottom), checked the reversing sensors, washed the car ..I'd been dirt-road driving ;).. and blacked the tyres.. they get really brown on dirt roads.

Cost to me: $0

The dude also took the time to tell me what they'd done with the handbrake and apologise about it getting loose, then tell me about how they checked the reversing sensors and to bring it back if I still have problems so they can replace the controller.

I reckon that's pretty good service all up. That's the sort of service that will keep me going to my dealer (Truscott's in Five Dock in case you're interested).

- Matthew

yeah i totally agree with you. i think there should be a list of where to go and where not to go. places with good service should be made known, too.

wat was wrong with your reverse sensor?

It seems to be too sensitive. Some days it'll be perfect, but other days it'll be going off at me in an empty carpark. I think it's too sensitive to dirt sitting on the sensors perhaps... haven't been able to come up with a good explanation.

Oh well, I'd rather it be too sensitive than not enough..

- Matthew

hi stauff, good to know there are still some places where they really take care of their customers, where i purchased by car they havent even sent me a 10k service reminder that is due... liek most of other palces once you have purchased thats the last you hear from them....

Truscott's in Five Dock that a toyota dealer right?

i would like to take my car to get its 1st service , even tough its not close as my dealer, i would prefer to drive that extra mile for a better customer service.

would you have a contact person u can recommend me to ?

thank u for sharing your pleasent experience with us ! :D

mario

OK I'll bite.... in my experience Cannon toyota camberwell try really hard to please, and Harris toyota in Berwick try hard to be patronising smart****s..and thats the only thing they did well for me.

yeah i totally agree with you. i think there should be a list of where to go and where not to go. places with good service should be made known, too.

wat was wrong with your reverse sensor?

It seems to be too sensitive. Some days it'll be perfect, but other days it'll be going off at me in an empty carpark. I think it's too sensitive to dirt sitting on the sensors perhaps... haven't been able to come up with a good explanation.

Oh well, I'd rather it be too sensitive than not enough..

- Matthew

Stupid question but is that hideous beeping in reverse in the sportivos actually a sensor? :unsure:

Stupid question but is that hideous beeping in reverse in the sportivos actually a sensor? :unsure:

Heh, nope.. the people with sensors get the joy of two independant beeping systems! Thankfully my brain is pretty good at filtering out one beep at a time.

Sensors are a dealer-fitted option in either 2-pt or 4-pt versions, and they take the form of flat round things on the rear bumper. I'm pretty happy with them all-up, since the stivo's **** is pretty different to my last car, and I can still manage to get the most out of tight parking spots :)

- Matthew