Anyone ordered an Aurion?

Cosmo

I love those multi-spoke rims; they'd be perfect if only one-inch larger to fill the guards (Edit: yes, even the 18's look slightly small). They're a lot nicer than the 5-spoke jobbies on the sport models, and the lack of a spoiler is also a better option.

u54mot; are you happy with it so far?

Edited by Nunga_08

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those interested, i have the SX6 in black... it is a dream car and very impressive..

I have attached pic of it still in the showroom.

It now also has tinted windows..

Richard

Hi Richard,

Did the mag's cost much extra ? I bought an Earth Red SX6 about 2 months a go, but wasn't game to ask how much extra the 18" mag's were. Got "Street Legal" tinting and a tow bar instead.

Adrian

For those interested, i have the SX6 in black... it is a dream car and very impressive..

I have attached pic of it still in the showroom.

It now also has tinted windows..

Richard

Hi Richard,

Did the mag's cost much extra ? I bought an Earth Red SX6 about 2 months a go, but wasn't game to ask how much extra the 18" mag's were. Got "Street Legal" tinting and a tow bar instead.

Adrian

Adrian,

Check this page to see the Aurion option prices.

http://www.chtoyota.com.au/chtmodels.php?S...;ImgName=aurion

I just joined the forum and have picked up the delivery of my cyber green Aurion ZR6 during the weekend :)

Prior to the Aurion, I drive a red rolla seca 1989.

I'm very impress with it so far!

Hi hi im new here, just ordered a ZR6 thats gonna be April production, which means it wont get here til late april or even up to mid May :angry: but oh wells, thats the earliest anyone has, so what can i do? Ive gotten them to put the most legal tints and the Sportivo carpet mats too.

Just wondering to any of you who bought Aurions, did you guys get extended warranty? Not sure if i will, cos this is my first toyota, but i know theyre supposed to be reliable, i dont really mind paying the extra $$$ but don't want to unnecessarily.

Edited by FiJ

Hi,

I got my warrenty extended to 6 years, didn't even ask or pay any extra. I just have to take it back to the same place. I get fixed cost services +cpi

Hi,

I got my warrenty extended to 6 years, didn't even ask or pay any extra. I just have to take it back to the same place. I get fixed cost services +cpi

lucky you, because everytime i mention getting extended warranty, all the salesmen just sorta put up their hands and say "thats not up to us, you need to do that separately with the warranty ppl", so I gave up trying to get it for free. I think they said an extra 2 or 3yrs will cost approx $1250

Edited by FiJ

Hi,

I got mine with extended warranty too, even with roadside assistance to 6yrs.

I know Toyota is reliable but didn't want a nasty surprise after the original manufacturer's warranty.

Oh my car pics are posted in the member's ride section -> here

Edited by saintly

If you're a gentle driver the extended warranty is really a waste of money as you are unlikely to experience any major problem within the first 6 years. If you're a heavy foot driver the major problems usually play up from the third to the fourth years. You will need to balance it as you might end up paying more than $2000 before the end of the 6 years.

here

As far as I know Extended warranty does not cover roadside assistance even if the original factory warranty does.

If you're a gentle driver the extended warranty is really a waste of money as you are unlikely to experience any major problem within the first 6 years. If you're a heavy foot driver the major problems usually play up from the third to the fourth years. You will need to balance it as you might end up paying more than $2000 before the end of the 6 years.

here

As far as I know Extended warranty does not cover roadside assistance even if the original factory warranty does.

yep, you're right... extended warranty doesn't come with roadside. What I meant was that i got that (roadside asst) as an extra at no cost :)

Hi hi im new here, just ordered a ZR6 thats gonna be April production, which means it wont get here til late april or even up to mid May :angry: but oh wells, thats the earliest anyone has, so what can i do? Ive gotten them to put the most legal tints and the Sportivo carpet mats too.

Just wondering to any of you who bought Aurions, did you guys get extended warranty? Not sure if i will, cos this is my first toyota, but i know theyre supposed to be reliable, i dont really mind paying the extra $$$ but don't want to unnecessarily.

Oh yes, don't forget the high quality set of 4 slimline weathershields. They really look good on the Aurion and blends in very well with dark tinted windows.

Edited by zr6

Oh yes, don't forget the high quality set of 4 slimline weathershields. They really look good on the Aurion and blends in very well with dark tinted windows.

Lol, I never did really like those, and anyway im not gonna pay anymore than i already plan to for this car. And they wont give those for free; every dealer is being tight-a$$ now because the demand for these cars are pretty high. It was hard to negotiate prices for too long, so in the end we gave up. Although the slimline looks pretty cool with the chrome strip :) hate those bulky ones

Edited by FiJ

Picked up my new ZR6 on Sunday. Was trying to get a 07 plate but someone was waiting to buy my car. Doesn't really matter though. Will be selling agian in 2 years.Chose the ZR6 to be in Wild Fire, looks awsome. :clap:

Being an ex-salesman(13 years), extended warranties, rust proofing,paint proofing is all crap and a waist of money! :nono:

Edited by Doug12

Picked up my new ZR6 on Sunday. Was trying to get a 07 plate but someone was waiting to buy my car. Doesn't really matter though. Will be selling agian in 2 years.Chose the ZR6 to be in Wild Fire, looks awsome. :clap:

Being an ex-salsesman, extended warranties, rust proofing,paint proofing is all crap and a waist of money! :nono:

oh... crap crap crap!! i took all those :( oh well.. I'm still happy with my purchase...

Just curious though Doug, how much did ya paid for your ZR6? the rust/paint/etc proofing protection costed me $2K

Paid $42,900 but did include Sunroof package (Didn't really want it, but was already installed on the car!) so that would of added a around $2000.

Was looking at the SX6 originally but the finish on the ZR6 was alot nicer!

Didn't bother talking the price down like I usually do as it was good enough! Also gets me contact with Toyota, as I help many of my friends get cars. One salesman alone I have brought 8 buyers to him, if they do the right thing by me Ill do it by them! (Not Toyota though, another Japenese company)

Also:

Did anyone just see the thing on the news about the Aurion/Prius and some Lexus models with the Push button start can cause a pacemaker to stop working. Apparently it is in the manual, but a guy who had just bought a Lexus had a problem with his pacemaker, he thinks he should have been warned before he bought the car. How are they ment to know he has a pacemaker though??

Lol, I never did really like those, and anyway im not gonna pay anymore than i already plan to for this car. And they wont give those for free; every dealer is being tight-a$$ now because the demand for these cars are pretty high. It was hard to negotiate prices for too long, so in the end we gave up. Although the slimline looks pretty cool with the chrome strip :) hate those bulky ones

That's what I first thought about the slimline weathershields - bulky.

But when I saw an Aurion with them, I ordered a set immediately. IMO, they are the best looking exterior accessory for the Aurion. The weathershields are made of very good quality thick tinted plastic that looks exactly like thick glass and sits almost flat against the windows. The chrome accent blends with the window. Unlike the normal "taxi" bulky weathershields, you won't see any fitting screws. And yes, they do protect against the elements.

Paid $42,900 but did include Sunroof package (Didn't really want it, but was already installed on the car!) so that would of added a around $2000.

Was looking at the SX6 originally but the finish on the ZR6 was alot nicer!

Did anyone just see the thing on the news about the Aurion/Prius and some Lexus models with the Push button start can cause a pacemaker to stop working. Apparently it is in the manual, but a guy who had just bought a Lexus had a problem with his pacemaker, he thinks he should have been warned before he bought the car. How are they ment to know he has a pacemaker though??

So you paid $42,900 drive away for an '06 built? Thats pretty good with the sunroof, was it a demo or anything? I wouldn't mind a sunroof, dont really need one, but i'd like to think i have one hehehe. Yeh i was looking at the SX6 first too, but then found out it didn't have climate control so i started looking at the ZR. I was expecting to bargain more, but in the end i found out that none of the dealers have any ZR6's in stock so kinda hard to go down too low.

Wow, i did not kno that the push start could interfere with pacemakers, they should orally warn people before they buy, otherwise can't consumers sue toyota/lexus? I mean, nobody reads the manual until after they buy their car...

$42,900 driveaway on an 06 build- Brand new, not a demo! Also had same problem, none around! Rang alot of dealers and the only one I bought from had a ZR6. Apparently the ZR6's and Presara's are in big demand. One of the hire car companies ordered alot of the Presara's and apparently thats why there a long wait.

When this man with the pacemaker was on the news, they said Lexus could remove the feature (Install a key ignition?) This would cost a bit though??

that's a good price (although I would say that the sunroof cost is already included).

I paid $43K driveaway (ex $2k for that protection kit) for a ZR6 Feb'07 built.

Lexus should remove it without costing that man anymore, considering it is a luxury brand I would expect no less.

Edited by saintly

$42,900 driveaway on an 06 build- Brand new, not a demo! Also had same problem, none around! Rang alot of dealers and the only one I bought from had a ZR6. Apparently the ZR6's and Presara's are in big demand. One of the hire car companies ordered alot of the Presara's and apparently thats why there a long wait.

When this man with the pacemaker was on the news, they said Lexus could remove the feature (Install a key ignition?) This would cost a bit though??

It's a good price. It's exactly 15% off the RRP plus ORC. Holden is also taking up to 15% off RRP for '06 stock.

Got mine from Mosman for $42,200 driveaway with tint & mats, he wouldnt go down to $42K lol. But got an offer of $42K from Rockdale, but by that time it was too late and already made the deal with Mosman. If onli rockdale rang earlier... :D

Apparently the ZR6's and Presara's are in big demand. One of the hire car companies ordered alot of the Presara's and apparently thats why there a long wait.

Have been quoted a 3 month delivery on Presara, and a guy who bought a couple of weeks later a 5 month delivery (Mar to Aug )! Between the hire cars and the Middle East export markets (especially with the moonroof option) the private domestic market seems to be having a rough shake. Does anyone REALLY know why the Presara/ZR6 output is taking such a long delivery time ?