YDOIT4's ride

YDOIT4

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Lol which results the power results or the drags

havent had a chance to go down to the drags yet frickin work is riding me so hard have no time to go down but i will really soon im gonna start stripping the interior tomorrow so i should be ready very soon

havent had a chance to go down to the drags yet frickin work is riding me so hard have no time to go down but i will really soon im gonna start stripping the interior tomorrow so i should be ready very soon

Thats ok man!

Yeah are the power results up in the meantime?

Thats ok man!

Yeah are the power results up in the meantime?

here is the dyno sheet finally got it scanned so lazy to do it lolz

not bad top end figure but mid and bottom is what im happy bout and torque increase was a fair amount as well im happy to say the least :D

ok edit:

cant upload photo i have no space so did it on imageshak :)

tunehousedyno908kx9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Edited by YDOIT4

Dave thats decent power man! Great increase! Good job!!

Yea i think it was a good increase all round it was a good choice to go for the hi-tech racepipe stainless exhaust :D

Dave thats awesome, something for me to try and achieve with my Levin.

Time to line up some stivos!!!

Yea man it sounds awesome and goes really well.

Stivos yea lets see how we go against some real stivo drivers so far i havent come up against anything that has been worth mentioning. <_<

Il tell you what though guys i really need to take the car out for a real good clean and polish and take it for a photoshoot i think it deserves it anyone got a good camera in syd and knows how to take some good shots and know any good locations??

Yea i want a good night shoot as my car is going to be called Shaado soon i need to get a good night spot so my photos can look anywhere near as good as kaze and his bankai photos

Edited by YDOIT4

Yea i want a good night shoot as my car is going to be called Shaado soon i need to get a good night spot so my photos can look anywhere near as good as kaze and his bankai photos

How about Homebush??

or are you going for the creeping out of a 'shaado' look!!!

I know in Marrickville near the carpark behind the pub there is graffti on the wall with enough lighting, just it would have to be really late at night which is pretty risky in marrickville :P

Problem is everyone does Homebush. Norwest is pretty good though, i just cant really think of anywhere else atm.

Edited by Cappuccino

Im sure it does some damage dav!

Whats happend to SyXxpac? Does he still have the Levin?

Lol yea he is stuck into his work now he is going over to malaysia for 2 years for work so his car is either going to be put on hold or put in storage lol

How about Homebush??

or are you going for the creeping out of a 'shaado' look!!!

yea i want out of the shaado look im sure it will look good!

I know in Marrickville near the carpark behind the pub there is graffti on the wall with enough lighting, just it would have to be really late at night which is pretty risky in marrickville :P

Problem is everyone does Homebush. Norwest is pretty good though, i just cant really think of anywhere else atm.

hmm ill have to check out the place in marickville im sure it will be ok if im there for less than 5mins lol

take some shots maybe in norwest my fiance works there and i can see the potential there

just need a good camera with a good photographer

I hope Saiya aka phil has learnt how to take shots yet i want to go out with him and take some shots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

WWOOWW!!

Its been a while since ive posted an update on the shado but i guess seeing as i have a bit of time on my hands i would update a lil bit.

I have stripped the car internally twice for the drags but both time either something got in the way or the drags where closed when i wanted to go down so i havent taken it down yet.

I have found my alternator sounds like a supercharger how loud the whine is and i have bought a 2nd hand one from kingwreck to replace it.

I also discovered after seeing Chris from Best mufflers that my engine is dropping so much when accelerating that my engine block is slamming up against the engine mounts and this is causing alot of wear on the engine mounts and i have already changed them once dont want to do it again and again soooo.

I spoke to a friend of mine whos a massive torana v8 man he owns one and has pretty much only ever driven his v8 beast his whole life so knows alot about preventative measures for engine rock

he suggested an engine brace plate that is on the big v8s and the v8 supercars

I said he is a nutter and he laughed it off but we came to the conclusion of upgrading the mounts and including some braces to prevent the engine from moving at all.

So i have bought a set of polyurothane engine mounts and sway bar mounts for under the car i have also looked into getting a set of engine braces to attach to the front of the chassis and weld to the engine block to stop the engine from moving almost at all so we can get more power to the ground muuch quicker.

soo i have the engine mounts at home with the alternator and sway bar mounts all bought from the ever awesome monkeyWrench racing and myself and Lylee and a mechanic mate of his are installing them this sunday.

in the next few weeks ill be heading down to the guys at best mufflers and get my headers fixed because ohh yea forgot to say this....

My headers cracked 3 out of 4 due to a super small flex i believe it was 1.5inches no more than 3 fingers long and because of the engine slamming into the engine mounts and the flex not being long enough the headers couldnt take it and cracked, causing my exhaust to sound like a flapping can at the back of a wedding car. NOT GOOD

So the guys are going to take the headers off weld it all up and install a good quality flex and with the engine mounts and sway bar polyurothane mounts installed i should have a better setup and THEN finally ill be ready for the track.

so there is my quick update i dont have any pics but i guess i can whip out the iphone and take a few pics of the mounts and the install this weekend if i remember.

stay tuned ..... engine braces coming real soon :)