New Car, 05 upgrade sportivo

as the topic states, picking up my new car on friday arvo, 2005 sportivo, stock standard.....includes factory tint, factory alarm and paint protection......cant wait, when i pick her up ill take some better pics and work out how to become a silver member and donate some money to TOCA as it has been extremely valuable in researching sportivos over the last few months......also need the sticker "au.toyotaownersclub.com"

cheers

post-3050-1165287489_thumb.jpg

cheers, only allowed one mod on the vehicle (AAMI under 25), the only one i think i will do is a CAi,although i was reading through some old forums last night and stumbled across the one related to voiding of warranty etc.....so not too sure now......dont want to void 2 full years of warranty......may ring some toytoa dealers.....even if have to get a TRD and have it put on at a dealership i will do it ......as long as it means it doesnt void warranty.....unsure yet.....a standard 05 sportivo will keep me excited for a while.....goign from a 4afe ae92 !!......just over half the power of a s'tivo

Hi Jaderd...

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your car...

You will only void the Toyota warranty on your car if the modification done can be directly related to the fault presented, ir if you install a CAI and crap flies into your engine cause you used a dodgy filter, then this will void warranty.

If your engine dies or faults from some other cause and not related to the CAI, then unless you have done something else, then the CAI has not voided your warranty.

There used to be a myth that your entire warranty was void the minute you did anything, it change the wheels, exhaust etc....all untrue.

Generally though, make sure you are fitting the mods properly, and they are decent mods and you generally shouldn't have too many issues.

Cheers

Aaron

yeah.... i think i might go ahead and do it.....have think i may go with the CES one....not sure yet...more research to do via TOCA. Have a feeling though if something with the engine does happen they will be quick to try and blame the CAI and use me as the scape goat.....although nearly all cars i see on here have the mod done so i think i might just tag along and do it......thanx for the welcome and your comments

PART # MAKE/MODEL

CP8466PR Toyota 2002 2003 2004 Matrix XRS Model ONLY

Product Specification

Item Condition: Brand New

Increase Horsepower and Torque

Increase gas mileage

The cold air intake can help your engine to suck in more cooler air resulting in better throttle response and higher explosive horsepower output

All the parts being shown can be spray painted with different color

Mandrel-bent Aluminum Polished 2.75" piping

Comes with One Red 2.75" re-useable and re-washable filter

All Necessary Hardware

General installation instruction is included

Retail Price: $79.99

?...NE good or best to stick with known brands = Injen, AEM, TRD, CES ?

post-3050-1165290429_thumb.jpg

PART # MAKE/MODEL

CP8466PR Toyota 2002 2003 2004 Matrix XRS Model ONLY

Product Specification

Item Condition: Brand New

Increase Horsepower and Torque

Increase gas mileage

The cold air intake can help your engine to suck in more cooler air resulting in better throttle response and higher explosive horsepower output

All the parts being shown can be spray painted with different color

Mandrel-bent Aluminum Polished 2.75" piping

Comes with One Red 2.75" re-useable and re-washable filter

All Necessary Hardware

General installation instruction is included

Retail Price: $79.99

?...NE good or best to stick with known brands = Injen, AEM, TRD, CES ?

is that the otto one ??? i would like one but not a cheaper one prob somefing like aem which would be good ....

if only there was a proper group buy for it

not sure, it may be the otto one...just did a quick search on ebay......its by buy now for 49.99 US dollars plus 20 $ postage approx......yeah i think ill wait for a reputable brand one........bit more cost but well known i guess.

I'd stick with the brand names.

TRD AEM INJEN.

Out of curiosity did you pick up the Sportivo brand new? How much did you pay?

Just wondering what a new sportivo is worth these days there wouldn't be many left brand new.

Edited by GAZOOM

yeah private sale purchase.....local melbourne buy

10000km

2 years new car warranty

paint protection

tinted windows

factory alarm

$22,000

then add on $880 stamp duty

on the road for under $23,000

cheers......good buyi think especially considering its condition and low kms etc

Hey there,

WELCOME!

I'm insured wit AAMI U25 tooz. Insurance is aight they ain't too fussed about wat mod is that u have...jus as long as u have only one. I've got full-comp so i'm not sure with the other policies.

As for ur first mod being a CAI...are you in it for performance? cause if ur just after the deeper throttle n CAI imitation...there are a few good very cost effective ways to increase ur throttle response n air flow with the stock box. Check under DIY Intakes on the forum. :)

Mod i did was dumped me 05 stivo on King Super-Lows...looks so much the better. :D

Congrats on ur purchase too! Awesome price! :yahoo::clap:

Hope to catch ya at our next Melbourne TOCA meet! :toast:

yeah definently, i plan to attend the next melbourne meet, im just a little bit too late with the purchase and missed the one that was on late in november, i saw alot of the pics.....nice size turn out, thanx for the info too i will check out the DIY stuff with the standard box.....all i realy want prob is a bit more induction sound when under load...cheers

thinking of taking off the rear toyota badge and also corolla badge.........just going to leave the rear emblem and sportivo badge.....as for the front doors ill leave the sportivos on there too. Not sure if many ppl have done it or not.....do you think it would look good popping out front and rear emblem and painting them color of car them putting them back in......will not make them stand out so much and look more "embossed" if you know what i mean.........that way have everything the car color other than the updated look sportivo badges....i thnk it would look ok..........need some ppls POV's

yeah definently, i plan to attend the next melbourne meet, im just a little bit too late with the purchase and missed the one that was on late in november, i saw alot of the pics.....nice size turn out, thanx for the info too i will check out the DIY stuff with the standard box.....all i realy want prob is a bit more induction sound when under load...cheers

Welcome - Look out in the Meets Section for the next Melbourne Catch Up, Omn1potent is organising a Dyno day early next year, even if you don't want your car on the Dyno, Turn up to meet us all. :)

Yeah will do, i think i might as well throw the car on the dyno....will keep it stock standard for a while till i get around to deciding whether to chuck on a CAI....just a bit worried about voiding warrant.....may get lucky and she might throw out 115kw stock.....that would be very nice.....not too realistic though.....maybe more around 105-110 kw

YAY just picked her up an hour or two ago.......ah so nice to drive a new car...he just got it serviced yesterday too so is all good for another 5000km. Will make up a members section when i get some photos

ahhhh lift feels great....already surprised a P plater is his vx s pack

YAY just picked her up an hour or two ago.......ah so nice to drive a new car...he just got it serviced yesterday too so is all good for another 5000km. Will make up a members section when i get some photos

ahhhh lift feels great....already surprised a P plater is his vx s pack

Lolz mate....wat the hell u doin online den eh? lolz u should be rollin in ur rolla!!! :lol:

Wen i got me car out of the factory floor dis year...i did 200Ks in the first day!! 1000 in 6!! :P

Lolz n e howz...enjoy it man...n let us know ur upcoming mods! :D

hehehe...Goodboyz...ur sibling has arrived!

just gae her a quick wash and chamois, at girlfriends house whihc is at the end of a 200 metre dirt driveway :(....have to go about 2 km all the way to stop ne dust....have done about 120 ks in first 2 days ....dont want to get it dusty though today