Best Dealer in Melbourne..??

Can anyone recommend a MelbourneToyota Dealer who is Genuinely interested in fixing faults and giving good service..??

I've used two big ones, but they seem far too busy to be interested and just want you to pay the service bill, and nick off.

Lets hear yr good and bad experiences.....

I have found Josh Sady's service division to be very good and Peekay would probably back that up, but we both have built a very good relationship with them over many years.

The problem you will find is that most car dealers profits come from their service divisions, very few make real profits from selling cars. So any non billable time is not acceptable to most.

When it comes to fixing niggling problems like rattles in new cars the dealers generally don't get paid for it unless there is a defective part or workmanship found in which case toyota will consider paying them for the work. Loose stuff that causes rattles in cars definately does not fall in this category!

So unless you actually bought the car from that dealer they really do not want to know you, and even if you did most still are like that. I know from experience josh sady is not like that with people that have purchased from them.

If the dealer you purchased from is not looking at your problems keep complaining and also try complaining to Toyota Australia. You will probably have more luck that way than finding another dealer who will concern themselves with your problems.

Sorry mate but after much experience this is what I have found. If he ignores you complain to Toyota Australia and keep complaining they will generally exert some pressure on the dealer to deal with it.

Josh Sady's service division has always listened to any problems and I have never felt rushed by them so if you are just looking for good service maybe give them a try!

• 2 years later...

Anyone got any feedback on Anthony Smith Toyota in North Coburg (VIC)? I am due to get the 10k service shortly and am wondering if I should be forewarned about anything.

apart from what ever language you speak, they speak it too? what more could you want?

i feel your pain, about to put =mine in for warranty work too, called toyota australia first and forewarned them as i have had hassles with the dealer i bought from before too. they said try them first, if nothing, then complain to head office then they will send you to another.

Anyone got any feedback on Anthony Smith Toyota in North Coburg (VIC)? I am due to get the 10k service shortly and am wondering if I should be forewarned about anything.

I purchased my sportivo at Anthony smith in North Corburg. The price they gave me was good and everything. But the service is shocking! I remember doing my 1000k free service. Went to pick up my car and found that the engine bay was all wet and stuff. Some washing soap was still left on the body of the car. I was like freakin ****** and never went there ever since. I now go to the essendon service one.

• 1 year later...

I bought a 1996 Camry at Auction in 1998 and took it in to Melbourne City Toyota a few times for servicing early on as they are close to where I work.

My overall experience with Melbourne City Toyota wasn't that great.

After geting a service , the Service manager that was handling my car tells me that the front brake pads needed replacing .... I was a bt sus and took it to another mechanic that was a "mate of a mate" , the brakes and pads were fine and had at least another 50 000 klms to go ..... NOT HAPPY JAN !!

I didnt bother going back to Melbourne city Totota again !!

A wise man once said ... you can shear a sheep many times , but you can only fleece it once.