Jaderd blue upgrade sportivo

jaderd

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say it would be mate but i cant give any figure gain etc.....although i'd expect maybe 3-4kw ? its the feeling it gives high in the rev range in the sportivo that is most noticeable......if you have a look at stock headers and then ported ones you will see the massive difference in amount of excess weld and neatness etc......My headers have gone onto Guni and they had alot more work that needed to be done to them then Blind Kids Seeks headers for example.....and hence may cost Guni 10-20$ more maybe so yeah id say its worht doing......

* picked up my HIDS of Guni last night.....so they will be in very soon....6000k low beams and foggies :)

so next after that will just be paint bottom of front bar....redo calipers when bothered and im pretty sure attempt the blacked out headlight mod with Blind Kid Seeks............scary use of oven but should be fine :)

id say it would be mate but i cant give any figure gain etc.....although i'd expect maybe 3-4kw ? its the feeling it gives high in the rev range in the sportivo that is most noticeable......if you have a look at stock headers and then ported ones you will see the massive difference in amount of excess weld and neatness etc......My headers have gone onto Guni and they had alot more work that needed to be done to them then Blind Kids Seeks headers for example.....and hence may cost Guni 10-20$ more maybe so yeah id say its worht doing......

* picked up my HIDS of Guni last night.....so they will be in very soon....6000k low beams and foggies :)

so next after that will just be paint bottom of front bar....redo calipers when bothered and im pretty sure attempt the blacked out headlight mod with Blind Kid Seeks............scary use of oven but should be fine :)

dude ur car gunna look gangsta!

went to install the HID's last night.....did the right one then realised that i do actually have to cut a circular hole in the rear cap that seals the back of the headlight. didnt click till when i was ready to put it back together that the cap couldnt go on because of the wires and figured that this cant be right and that the grommet supplied wouldnt slide down to seal anything as space was too large.......rang Blind Kid Seeks with pre upgrade and he informed that the pre facelift just have a large rubber cap that seals the back of headlight and can therefore feed the wires thorugh the hole and it seals off..

Sunday afternoon i think ill install them ...cut the 2.5cm hole in back of cap and then put in and the rubber grommet supplied with the wires feeding through will seal nicely filling the hole ive drilled in cap.........was going to just leave in "dodgy" way for now but figured im driving to grampians last this weekend and last thing i want is moisture getting into headlight etc.....so i did the right thing and put back to stock and will do it proper way first time round.

Got to test the brightness though........really nice...looking forward to having them fitted and working

Edited by jaderd

Hids installed.....took me afew hours....moving CAI and working out best position for the balasts etc ......happy with result......was showing mates after gym last night and ofcourse front left wouldnt work.....gay....went home checked wires.....all fine....still no go .....i then went to wind my windows up and ofcrouse had to reset them by holding button in up position for the to work again as auto up down etc....then checked lights for fun all worked :)....guessing it was some weird desconnect reconnect battery thing and once i did the windows back to norm all works...and all fine this morning so ill put it down to that :)

post-3050-1227562135_thumb.jpg

Hids installed.....took me afew hours....moving CAI and working out best position for the balasts etc ......happy with result......was showing mates after gym last night and ofcourse front left wouldnt work.....gay....went home checked wires.....all fine....still no go .....i then went to wind my windows up and ofcrouse had to reset them by holding button in up position for the to work again as auto up down etc....then checked lights for fun all worked :)....guessing it was some weird desconnect reconnect battery thing and once i did the windows back to norm all works...and all fine this morning so ill put it down to that :)

post-3050-1227562135_thumb.jpg

look great simon,

mine is a little tempremental too. i just turn of then on then of then on.. till they click over,

come get your mats!

looks good jad! What colour you went for? Put mine last weekend, 6000k looks good but was hoping the blueish twist was a bit more!:-/ but definitely improves your vision. How did you fix the new bulbs you put in? Coz I had to drill my original socket in order to adapt and that took me some time!

the globes fitted in the socket perfect and just held in with the stock metal clip thing, the only tricky bit for the facelift is to drill the 25mm hole in the rear plastic "lid" that clips over the back of the headlights so that you have a space to feed the wires though and the rubber grommet supplied already fitted over teh wires fills the 25mm hole as its developed to etc.

With the fog lights the globes also went in not a problem clip straight in, the only bit was that the wider positive and thinner negative were still soo large to fit into the stock car clip socket part, so i cut this clip and and wired up my own mae and female adaptor etc so easy as.......left enough wire so can go back to stock clip and globe setup if ever need to etc.....

As far as ballasts on the passengar side no prob massive flat spot in front of battery fitted one ballast then stuck other one ontop of that one .....solid as a rock aint going anywhere on a horizontal surface etc. As for drivers side for now i have mounted the ballasts solid as and can leave there permanently onto the bracket which holds the powersteering fluid i think it is....mount there nicely one beside other and secured with zip ties.......was no real flat spot to mount them and didnt want to just stick them on vertical portion etc so all good and happy as larry :)

BLIND KID SEATS>>>>>>>>>>>thankyou for mats :) much appreciated

delicate one ...wtf ? lol ..........all you do is take it off and drill the hole....its not a lamp holder it is just the cap that seals off the back of the light casing from moisture ?......i took off rear cap/lid.....put on floor.....stood on it with both feet.....bent over....held drill and turned drill on ....5 sec later perfect 25mm hole in rear cap for grommet to sit it ?..............what did you cut out lol?

delicate one ...wtf ? lol ..........all you do is take it off and drill the hole....its not a lamp holder it is just the cap that seals off the back of the light casing from moisture ?......i took off rear cap/lid.....put on floor.....stood on it with both feet.....bent over....held drill and turned drill on ....5 sec later perfect 25mm hole in rear cap for grommet to sit it ?..............what did you cut out lol?

I am not sure whether we are talking abt the same thing anymore!:-$ I had to drill a hole in the lamp holder! It is definitely where my h7 bulb was sitting and then the pin comes behind it to hold it tight! I was so scared of breaking it while drilling that I did it bit by bit! LOL sound kinda awkward but who cares it works!:-) LOL I think we have different configurations!:-/

loving what you have done to your car! great colour scheme. you really have shown others how to make a blue model look good!

2005 Toyota Corolla Sportivo

Purchased : 9th December 2006

Cost: $ 22,000

stamp duty $ 880

On the road $ 22,800

Odometer : 11,300 km @ purchase

\

you got a awsome price on that 05 model with low ks that long ago.

price is still around the 18k+ mark for a 05 model with 70,000ks.

im having trouble finding any 04/05 model with low k's.

loving what you have done to your car! great colour scheme. you really have shown others how to make a blue model look good!
2005 Toyota Corolla Sportivo

Purchased : 9th December 2006

Cost: $ 22,000

stamp duty $ 880

On the road $ 22,800

Odometer : 11,300 km @ purchase

\

you got a awsome price on that 05 model with low ks that long ago.

price is still around the 18k+ mark for a 05 model with 70,000ks.

im having trouble finding any 04/05 model with low k's.

Cheers mate......yeah the cars coming along well.....just little things to do coming soon like repainting calipers and playing with front bar painting bottom with black strip etc......as i scuffed it a bit on a cruise a while ago in a dirt car park etc.....so will rub back a little prime and paint matt black to match foggy surrounds etc......and ofcourse more mods will come in time as ive come torealise they never end lol :)

Organised my car insurance today my just cars policy expires on 6th dec

Went with AAMI as now 25 so loses age excess and unlimited mods (6 mods before premium price increases )etc

2005 upgrade sportivo insured comprehensive with:

CAI, Lowered, Strut brace, Sway bar, Ported headers (they listed them as stock headers cleaned up / polished etc) rear muffler change, Alarm and immobiliser.

agreed value of $24,500

$1030 premium with free windscreen replacement per year on policy

rating one for life

Standard $500 excess

Girlfriend listed as driver - no extra cost to premium etc.

happy with the result......last year at 24 the same deal was around 1400$ which is why i went with just cars......who had the higher excesses etc including vehicle and age......

so yeah back with AAMI after a year with just cars

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

hey jaderd when are you painting the bottom part of your lip? also what colour will the calipers be?

im 20 atm and with amii its around 2k premiums for full comp.

just cars and nrma quoted me 2.5k! but i think when i hit 21 in april my premiums go down to around 1400 with amii.

i know it sucks but until i hit 25 theres not much i can do! lets just say im happy not bring another 20 year old driving a turbo 2L+ car.....those guys pay alot....

yeah mate premiums should drop off a little at 21......try just cars........your excess will be hgher and you will have a "vehicle" excess etc.....but lower premium.....e.g

AAMI would have charged me about $1400 premium @ 23 years old and then Excess = $500 norm and $500 age excess

Just Cars = Premium of about $980 @ 23 years old and Excess = $500 norm + $500 age + $500 vehicle..

i went with Justcars as if i didnt crash i was nearly 500$ up and saved, and if i did crash and claim i would be equiv to if i was with AAMI and crashed etc.....luckily i didnt so i was up by end of year etc.

your lucky though....as there as so many cosmetic mods you can do to your sportivo to make it look awesome.......AAMI allows 2 mods.....so you can get like CAI and lowered or Just Cars you can have as many mods as you want as long as legal etc....so may be worth a call to justcars......they are a division of AAMI too.

cheers mate