Mate had a bad car crash - write off

Mate had a bad crash on New Years Day.

Not his fault he was on a country style road when an idiot came around a corner fast on the wrong side of the road.

He had his wife and three kids so was very lucky no one was seriously hurt in his car. Commodore driver was the worst off.

Worst part is the financial cost as this is his work vehicle and self employed.

He still sees the car coming at him when he closes his eyes so needs to get over that. Probably bad because he keeps thinking what could have happened especially to the kids.

Drive safe out there and think of the consequences.

gallery_305_302_63124.jpg

gallery_305_302_60873.jpg

Ouch! Least everyone is alive and safe. Thats the important part.

Worst part is the financial cost as this is his work vehicle and self employed.

He still sees the car coming at him when he closes his eyes so needs to get over that. Probably bad because he keeps thinking what could have happened especially to the kids.

You should tell your mate to claim for Trauma damage and loss of income against the other persons insurance. If the d!ckhead driver doesnt have insurance they should be working their butt off to pay for the damages or face time in prison for being reckless and endangering lives.

Edited by neK

Where di this happen Trev?

There was incident recently where a young driver (30 odd) decided to drift his car around a blind corner in Murrumba Downs. Result - killed instantly, when he swiped a tree....

Corners are a dangerous thing and caution must be taken.

As my driving instructor said when I was going for my licence, as a driver, you have to be responsible for everybody else on the road, including those you can and CAN'T see....

Sounds like though, there was nothing your friend could have done though to prevent this, glad they are oK...

Man sorry to hear about that, at least everybody is OK.

Hopefully he can claim loss of income and even damages though the insurance company.

Saw some more photos yesterday and the Courier looked a lot worse in them. I'm still surprised that my mate his wife and three kids walked away with minor injuries.

The commodore had an after market steering wheel and after looking at the photos of that and how it bent and the injuries of the driver (chest and face) there is no way I would think about ever changing the steering wheel.

Good news is that the insurance company bumped up the offer on the Courier a bit but he still will be out of pocket.

How do you replace a car you have looked after which is in really good nic with low k's for the money they offer you especially if its a bit unusual - impossible.

How do you replace a car you have looked after which is in really good nic with low k's for the money they offer you especially if its a bit unusual - impossible.

Unfortunately Trev, as you said, impossible. :angry: