Fuel economic: Which brand??

Jz713

this is 2nd time i tried caltex normal unleaded and i'll never fill up my car with it again, i know it sounds weird but it goes quicker than others.

i normally fills my car with Mobil and its goes 120 kms and the metre stays full but when i filled it up with Caltex its down by 1/4 of a tank already?! :blink: which brand u guys reckon is the most economic?(btw im driving a 04 corolla sedan)

Depending on which state you're in, Mobil IS Caltex petrol. Mobil don't refine anymore (or so the story goes), so they either use Caltex or BP depending on the state

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Personally for my cars, i've noticed that Shell V-power gives the best performance but it's also the dirtiest fuel available from a big branded station (just use some cleaner system once in awhile). Caltex is nice and clean but doesn't feel as good as Shell. BP, i get the most mileage out of and the top end part of the revs are good and it's also pretty clean. (All referring to 98).

i have seen a car program a while ago (cant remember which one) and they tested all 3 fuels, standard, 95 and 98 all with the same type of new car (lexus from memory) one in each, at the same time following each other.They went from all being full tanks to conk out empty and the 95 went further second was the 98. like they program name i cant remember the fuel they used either sorry, it was a while ago.

i have seen a car program a while ago (cant remember which one) and they tested all 3 fuels, standard, 95 and 98 all with the same type of new car (lexus from memory) one in each, at the same time following each other.They went from all being full tanks to conk out empty and the 95 went further second was the 98. like they program name i cant remember the fuel they used either sorry, it was a while ago.

Hey i think i saw that on t.v. too RoLLing BLK. Yeah suprising, but i don't think many of our members are going to start using 95 in a hurry lol.

You get what you pay for ;)

I do believe that! I used to put Vortex in my rona it was going so good then started buying the cheapy cause of petrol prices soaring my carbi didnt like it :lol::ph34r:

Heh, definitely get what you pay for.

When my mate still had his saab, he ran so low one day he had to fill up at a place called "prime"...uhmm, let's just say it felt like 2 cylinders had died and the car was puffing out some weird smoke =/