Chip for 36 series V6

jps137

Does anyone know of a chip manufacturer for the V6 engine in the 36 series (or does the ECU have to be reprogrammed)? I am looking at the engine and thinking surely it is easy enough to get more than 140kW out of a quad cam 3.0L V6

Does anyone know of a chip manufacturer for the V6 engine in the 36 series (or does the ECU have to be reprogrammed)? I am looking at the engine and thinking surely it is easy enough to get more than 140kW out of a quad cam 3.0L V6

yah , POWERCHIP.com.au (I think) They sell them for $1,000aud + installation.

OR

Buy a Piggyback (or E-Manage) from eBay (eg; APEXI) around $400 and get it tuned. Either way at the end of the day the 1MZ engine can reach 147kw or even more....

what engine you talkin about?

2VZ 3VZ 1MZ????

I think he's talking about the 1MZ

OR

Buy a Piggyback (or E-Manage) from eBay (eg; APEXI) around $400 and get it tuned. Either way at the end of the day the 1MZ engine can reach 147kw or even more....

I actually tried the powerchip website already and got the following response

Unfortunately there is no Powerchip upgrade released for the Toyota Camry (MCV36R) 3.0 at this time. Your vehicle has been seen by Powerchip but with our current technology we cannot upgrade the ecu at this time.

Edited by jps137

OR

I actually tried the powerchip website already and got the following response

Unfortunately there is no Powerchip upgrade released for the Toyota Camry (MCV36R) 3.0 at this time. Your vehicle has been seen by Powerchip but with our current technology we cannot upgrade the ecu at this time.

well get a piggyback from eBay... :)

• 1 month later...