Recall upgrade has been installed

OK So here is the deal, I got a 20K service today and while they were there they did the upgrade. Firstly normally after a service I notice a slight improvement in power, this time there was nothing, not only that but the security light on the car was flashing while I was driving.

I turned around and took it back, they played with it for 2 hours before putting the original ECU back in which has stopped the flashing light.

They are going to order another ECU and get it sent to a closer dealer for me but get this, coming home from Melb I was just cruising, took off from the lights at a normal pace, came to the next set and down shifted to 2nd as I was slowing down........... CRUNCH!!!!!! Second gear and its Synchros now need replacing. The dealer took it for a spin today and confirmed this is definately a malfunction as if it was my driving it would have come on gradually, not just in one gear change.

Oh dear, and I used to be one of the only untroubled users on here :(.

What the heck! Was it Wollongong Toyota mate? I thought this was supposed to be an enhancement for our cars not something that screws it up :angry:

Yes it was woolloongong, they have scheduled me in for a week on Sat, they are bringing one of the mechanics in that weekend to fix it and they are giving me a car for the day to cruise around in so im not stuck with nothing to do :).

What the heck!  Was it Wollongong Toyota mate?  I thought this was supposed to be an enhancement for our cars not something that screws it up  :angry:

Yes it was woolloongong, they have scheduled me in for a week on Sat, they are bringing one of the mechanics in that weekend to fix it and they are giving me a car for the day to cruise around in so im not stuck with nothing to do :).

Ask for a Celica or MRS mate and i will meet up with you for a cruise :P ..dream on..

OK So here is the deal, I got a 20K service today and while they were there they did the upgrade. Firstly normally after a service I notice a slight improvement in power, this time there was nothing, not only that but the security light on the car was flashing while I was driving.

I turned around and took it back, they played with it for 2 hours before putting the original ECU back in which has stopped the flashing light.

They are going to order another ECU and get it sent to a closer dealer for me but get this, coming home from Melb I was just cruising, took off from the lights at a normal pace, came to the next set and down shifted to 2nd as I was slowing down........... CRUNCH!!!!!! Second gear and its Synchros now need replacing. The dealer took it for a spin today and confirmed this is definately a malfunction as if it was my driving it would have come on gradually, not just in one gear change.

Oh dear, and I used to be one of the only untroubled users on here :(.

Bad luck mate.