Corolla 2006 Driver side power windows controls faulty

Hattori Hanzo

I have a problem with the driver side power window controls for the passenger windows (the driver window works fine).

The lights come on when I switch the ignition but the buttons do not work.

Yesterday I installed an ipod adapter which involved taking out the center console. I rechecked all the cables I removed, and I am sure they all have been replugged in.

Does anyone know what I could check to make sure the driver side power window controls are working properly?

ta

hanzo

this problem occured coincidentally while you were modding your stereo?

Yea it appears that way.

After the mod, the drivers side passenger window controls dont work anymore.

I did notice that once the battery was disconnected and reconnected, the 'auto' function on the windows do not work for about 12 hours. The small green light on the window button flashes when the ignition is turned on. I guess the 'auto' function uses a mini battery/capacity to hold charge maybe. Once the charge is full (after about 12 hours), the small green light stops flashing.

I am going to leave this for a few days and see if it resolves itself (my battery theory). I have a service manual for the 2004 model but the electrics and schematics dont make sense to me.... I need to dig up the latest service manual (Corolla.iso).. I downloaded from a link a while back but just need to find it....

ta

hanzo

When I installed my front speakers I had the battery disconnected for quite some time. My passenger window didn't work (from either switch) for 2 days - then magically started working again.

Wait a few days, then start panicking :lol:

Its nothing major.

It happens everytime you disconnect the battery.

Have a read of this thread, and it will explain to you how to get your power windows working again.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;hl=ecu+reset

It follows a simple sequence to holding your buttons down for more than two seconds.

Hey Everyone,

I performed a ECU reset tonite and had the same problem with the electric windows. The button lights kept flashing. I tried pushing all the way down the holding all the way up. What I noticed was that you had to do that to all the passenger windows first on their actual buttons on their respective doors, then do the driver's window, otherwise the driver's window won't fix itself.

Just putting what i've noticed out there.

Cheers everyone

Edited by neK

Its nothing major.

It happens everytime you disconnect the battery.

Have a read of this thread, and it will explain to you how to get your power windows working again.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mp;hl=ecu+reset

It follows a simple sequence to holding your buttons down for more than two seconds.

Hey Everyone,

I performed a ECU reset tonite and had the same problem with the electric windows. The button lights kept flashing. I tried pushing all the way down the holding all the way up. What I noticed was that you had to do that to all the passenger windows first on their actual buttons on their respective doors, then do the driver's window, otherwise the driver's window won't fix itself.

Just putting what i've noticed out there.

Cheers everyone

nek - thats for the tip. that is very good info.

i have read the tread - very interesting might i add. it explains why the car also felt different after a reconnection of the battery (ECU reset). learn something new every day!

i will try tonight re: the power windows when i get home from work.

ta

hanzo

yup as the other guys said after u take out the battery u have to hold up the window buttons all the way then they go clunk or clung sound wateva lol :lol: then they should work right away no need to wait for it to recharge for like 2 days... :ph34r: