Look what the mazda guys have been up to...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate only one of the VW's went slower than you in one practice run. All others he was quicker and in the 2 rounds of racing he competed in he ran 14.89 and 14.95. not bad for a 1585 cc engine made of 2nd and 3rd hand bits!! Morgan Smith dropped a rod in qualifying so he didn't compete at all. didn't get any pics of you or video as I was busy pushing cars and staging them at the same time you ran. Poor ol twiggy got sand bagged by Dave Homer!!! Bit Cheeky I thought.....

I didn't see any of the VW's qualifying runs cos i was stuck in the lanes...just going off the seeding chart, where i was listed as second last...with a vee doule-ya behind me.

Yeh Dave's gotten a bit sick of being beaten - smartest race i've ever seen dave run, normally he just goes for PB's and national records and doesn't care about breaking out. Bit of a risky tactic - he had to beat Andy's light (which he did) then hope like crazy Andy didn't break out (otherwise he would have broken out further)... paid off though

Definantly cheeky, but thats racing so alls fair i guess.

Can't wait to see what the alcorns get upto next (i had a word to them through the day...) - that red rocket will definantly go buttloads quicker...they are only launching it as 2000rpm - and even at that engine speed have to preload the axles lest they get snapped - they've broken about a half dozen sets since they put the K20 in.

If they can sort out breakage, get a harder launch, keep the car glued to the track and make a shade more power - skys the limit for that thing.