AE112R halfcut turbo conversion

hey

was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice on the best engine to get half cut to fit into my 00 corolla seca levin AE112R. I was told that using a bolt on turbo kit would be too troublesome or not do-able at all...help?

thanks

the corolla sportivo AE112 turbo's were just a turbo kit slapped on a standard 7A.

So you could get a custom turbo setup for yours and run 7-8psi, or pull the engine and rebuild it, then run 15psi for some decent power.

Alternatively get a ST115 3sgte frontcut and farbricate the mounts, use an SW20 turbo gearbox with AE92 GZE e5x linkages to shift the linkages to the firewall side of the box. Also use an SW20 flywheel and clutch.

Use AE92 or AE101 GTZ E58 driveshafts

Bump the boost up on that and run a fairly easy 190-200kw atw with decent torque.

thanks man!

i want more of kick then just to slap on a turbo kit so hence the frontcut...

any chance that you know where to get the frontcut etc from?

i live in Perth WA.

thanks again dude

nope.

You will have to call around the importers and probably make a special order laying down a deposit.

I'd expect an ST115 cut to be more expensive than an ST205 cut, so have 5-6K ready for the purchase of the cut, and then 4-5K for the installation etc.

the cheaper alternative is to sell the car and buy a factory turbo car.

The only way you can do it "cheap" is if you can do all the fabrication and welding yourself.

i wonder if there is a slightly cheaper alternative...

where do u know that does turbo kits that i can install?

anybody in perth suggest something?

hey mate..well just like wad rollamods said..the cheapest way is to get the factory Sportivo with the turbo already done..customising would cost a bomb..trust me..i've asked before..and u wouldn't guess what the ans i got was..hahaha.."save the money and buy a new car" was the reply..

from wad i gather..there's no off the shelf turbo kit for the AE112..so ya..best bang for ur buck would probably hunt down a sportivo in Perth..i found one..and i love it!

i wonder if there is a slightly cheaper alternative...

where do u know that does turbo kits that i can install?

anybody in perth suggest something?

hey mate..well just like wad rollamods said..the cheapest way is to get the factory Sportivo with the turbo already done..customising would cost a bomb..trust me..i've asked before..and u wouldn't guess what the ans i got was..hahaha.."save the money and buy a new car" was the reply..

from wad i gather..there's no off the shelf turbo kit for the AE112..so ya..best bang for ur buck would probably hunt down a sportivo in Perth..i found one..and i love it!

i see what u guys are saying, but i want a turbo! haha!

i asked around and nobody here has ever heard of a ST115 3SGTE engine? or is that a typo? i can get a ST185 3SGTE for $2500, which i dont mind paying, but i dont know if this will fit my engine bay!?! I was told theres not much difference in sizes? or am i wrong to assume this?

the only other thing i can think of is if i can get an already half cut sportivo engine and just drop it in, but with the rareness of sportivo's around here i highly doubt it

damn it, i got the turbo bug...help guys!

dont bother with an ST185 cut, they're too old.

If the importer doesn't have enough toyota knowledge to find an ST115 cut, I doubt they could find an ST246 either.

They're caldina GT's, basically a gen4 3sgte auto AWD. About the only 3sgte you can legally put in your car.

dont bother with an ST185 cut, they're too old.

If the importer doesn't have enough toyota knowledge to find an ST115 cut, I doubt they could find an ST246 either.

They're caldina GT's, basically a gen4 3sgte auto AWD. About the only 3sgte you can legally put in your car.

Pssst.. it's actually ST215...

i see what u guys are saying, but i want a turbo! haha!

i asked around and nobody here has ever heard of a ST115 3SGTE engine? or is that a typo? i can get a ST185 3SGTE for $2500, which i dont mind paying, but i dont know if this will fit my engine bay!?! I was told theres not much difference in sizes? or am i wrong to assume this?

the only other thing i can think of is if i can get an already half cut sportivo engine and just drop it in, but with the rareness of sportivo's around here i highly doubt it

damn it, i got the turbo bug...help guys!

hunting down the engine might not be too expensive..but its the price of the transplant and getting it to work that will burn that big hole in ur pocket esp. here in Perth...