'91 Paseo

Reeve

Hi guys and girls,

Now, before we get started, yes, I know, sell my Paseo and buy a celica or whatever.

not going to happen, I like the shape of the Paseo too much ^_^

So, I was just wondering if anyone knows were I can get quotes on a few parts/work

Bodykit or lowering - not sure which I want, I think I'm leaning towards lowering

Spoiler/wing

Extractors

Headers

I've seen the kit on X-racing, does anyone know if there is a kit thats a little less aggresive?? The main reason that I'm leaning towards lowering is because the kit they've got listed on Xracing is REALLY low, and I'm not really after a car that can't take speedbumps and curbs....

Thanks guys ^_^

Reeve

Hey dude,Stick to your guns bruv,if ur comfortable with the Paseo stick to it,Where abouts are you in our big brown country :lol: Ive seen the X racing kit it looks nice ,i agree it does look really low huh??

Ive done a lil homework on engine upgrades in regards to the 5EFE.. headers?..It may become a custom job (i sure the members would correct me if im wrong) or could headers from another toyota four cylinder be adapable?? :blink:

In regards to spoilers the celica kits i would imagine be easily adaptable to your Paseo the wing skys the limit If an Hyundai Excel can accomodate a evo kit well anything can happen :blink:

Good luck on the mods :lol:

Cheers for the fast response mate :)

yeah just a quote then from Gun Performance, 600 bucks for custom headers/extractors and fitting. not a bad price I don't think. anyone used them before and know what their work is like?

I'm from Brisvegas ^_^

Yeah the xracing kit looks really sweet, its just so damn low. I've got a steep driveway, plus there are heaps of speedbumps were I'd be driving...not sure how well a kits going to go. maybe better off just spending the money on lowering it :)

Whats an average rough price for a spoiler/wing bought, painted and fitted?

Cheers for the fast response mate :)

yeah just a quote then from Gun Performance, 600 bucks for custom headers/extractors and fitting. not a bad price I don't think. anyone used them before and know what their work is like?

I'm from Brisvegas ^_^

Yeah the xracing kit looks really sweet, its just so damn low. I've got a steep driveway, plus there are heaps of speedbumps were I'd be driving...not sure how well a kits going to go. maybe better off just spending the money on lowering it :)

Whats an average rough price for a spoiler/wing bought, painted and fitted?

Carbon fibre wif adjustable mounts ..350? Fibreglass 200? secondhand? new?? ive gone to spoiler factories & picked them & have adapted them to my cars.eg.a WRC type wing for a 99 WRX cost me 250?? painted & fitted

doesn't the Starlet GT have the 4EGTE... i don't know much about the E engines but try asking around... u might just be able to go for an engine swap... it pulls 100kw with a small turbo on the 1.3L... try stroking it to 1.5L or even 1.8L if you can... or try maybe using the block from your 5EFE on the head from the 4EGTE and replace the turbo for a larger one intercooled and exausted... the whole car only weighs like 800sumthing kg

i'm not 100% sure about what i mentioned but try asking some shops that know about Starlets and Paseos

Hi again!

at this point I'm not looking at doing to much to the engine, I've got a quote from Gun Performance in brisbane for custom made headers and extractors, 600 bucks, including fitting!

as for calling stores that know about the Paseo, most garages I've called so far, I've had to spell the name for them. Most garages I've spoken to have never even heard of this car! its seriously frustrating. If anyone knows of a garage (other than Xracing) that has done work on Paseo's before, I'd love to have a contact number for them!

that cheap for a wing/spoiler?? gees thats cheap!!

anyone know the average price to lower a car like this? would that mean new struts?

Reeve

well I just added headers to my 5EFE and I can tell you the results are immediate, in terms of better low end response and achieving the top end faster plus the engine is idling quieter, it's one of the easiest mods to do that gives a good result

Awesome! thanks for the response mate ^_^

Yeah Custom extractors are on my shopping list, along with a larger throttle body and new cams. If you're in Brissie, were did you get your extractors done? :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey with the question about a less-agressive bodykit, try jetspeed, im thinking about the same kit atm..

ive added some pictures of the kit - it also has a full rear bar which is much better than the Xracing rear skirts, looks neat and more factory imo

809.jpg

808.jpg

Edited by lukiez

hey nah it comes ready to fit, no FG involved, contact www.jetspeed.com.au (they are located in sydney and melbourne, im not sure were else)

no probs at all, but if yo udo get that kit can you take some pics of your car with it, im still trying to decide on which kit, also the jetspeed.com.au site has a more beefy kit, but i dont like the fact it has skirts for rear instead of a bar

Hey mate,

yeah for sure I'll post up some pics if I get it :). Don't hold your breath though, cause if I did get it, it'd be 1-2 months after I got the Paseo, and the owner and I are currently "in negotiations". I.e. I'm saying price Y, she's saying price X, and neither of us are moving anywhere :P

yeah the skirt is no were near as nice as the rear bar :). I don't really like the side skirts on the beefier kit either :)

Reeve

hrm well i have to say i think there great looking cars, plus real good on petrol.. if only they came out turbo like the starlets thoe =[