Hello All.

MarkM

Hi All,

Just want to say hi and introduce myself,

My name is Mark and im from Sydney ( Seven Hills )

I am currently looking for a Aurion either new or an Sx6 ex demo

My questions are did you find much of a price difference dealer to dealer?

Did you get any extras ?

Have any of you got the Sat Nav option if so whats your thoughts on this ? as I have a navman

unit but am considering getting this if viable.

Any advise that you can offer would be appreciated.

Thankyou and apologies if some of these have been asked before.

Cheers,

Mark.

firstly, welcome to the TOCAU

I'm sure many dealer will be willing to sell there demo's just yet as its still a relivantly new car. but hey, give them a price, maybe they'll bite

BTW, since your a Sydney Sider, i'd like to draw your attention to the monthly meet happening on the 31st of march

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=9808

Be good to see you see you there and you say hello to the chaps :D

if you need a ride, contact me via the PM

welcome dude.

To answer your extras question.. I didn't get SatNav as I couldn't see much value from $3500... other members in this forum has it. So it's a matter of finding out what $3500 consist of.

I do wish I had got the moonroof with my zr6 :(

Hi All,

Just want to say hi and introduce myself,

My name is Mark and im from Sydney ( Seven Hills )

I am currently looking for a Aurion either new or an Sx6 ex demo

My questions are did you find much of a price difference dealer to dealer?

Did you get any extras ?

Have any of you got the Sat Nav option if so whats your thoughts on this ? as I have a navman

unit but am considering getting this if viable.

Any advise that you can offer would be appreciated.

Thankyou and apologies if some of these have been asked before.

Cheers,

Mark.

Ring all your local dealers and they would tell you if they have demos.

A few months ago (wasn't ready to buy) i rang a dealer and they had an ZR6 demo with sunroof and Satnav. They were asking $43k which I thought was good! It sold very quickly, but the person waiting to buy my car wasn't ready so I waited till now and bout myself a ZR6.

My Aurion was a showroom demo, and to tell you the truth it was exactly what I was after, a Black SX6.

But I went in asking for prices on new vehicles and got them down to as low as I could (which was better than what I had expected to pay).

Once I had there quote, I called him back and asked what price they would do for me to take the demo off their hands :)

Having already a great price on a new one the demo was a bargain.

I wasnt too fussed out about the sat nav, as was mentioned ealier for $3,500, you can buy a lot of other extras.

But I did end up buying a Navman later for under $800

All the best and enjoy the ride :)

Richard

Thanks gents,

saintly - yeah thats what I was thinking, but might see if I can get a look at one and see if its worth it.

Yes to the moon roof , would like one of those but like anything all ads cost and another bank I have to rob...kidding.. :yahoo:

So might try for the moon roof instead of the Nav.

Thanks Big Pete yep have started to shop around , and hopfully will time it well for late April May and the demo's may be appearing by then.

No can do on Sat ,have a 30th to go to, maybe next time. Thanks for the offer though. :toast:

Doug, Nice car you have there ! your previous situation sounds like my current one , which may work in my favour .

So I gather everyone is happy with their Aurion's? , I had a SX6 following me today , Love the front of them! looks alot better than the ATX, but depends onthe pocket too .

Cheers,

Keep the info coming .

Mark.

Thanks gents,

saintly - yeah thats what I was thinking, but might see if I can get a look at one and see if its worth it.

Yes to the moon roof , would like one of those but like anything all ads cost and another bank I have to rob...kidding.. :yahoo:

So might try for the moon roof instead of the Nav.

Thanks Big Pete yep have started to shop around , and hopfully will time it well for late April May and the demo's may be appearing by then.

No can do on Sat ,have a 30th to go to, maybe next time. Thanks for the offer though. :toast:

Doug, Nice car you have there ! your previous situation sounds like my current one , which may work in my favour .

So I gather everyone is happy with their Aurion's? , I had a SX6 following me today , Love the front of them! looks alot better than the ATX, but depends onthe pocket too .

Cheers,

Keep the info coming .

Mark.

I got the sun roof, they installed it when it was built. Un sure why but it was the only ZR6 around in the colour I liked (Wildfire) so I took it.

The car is great!

It so much more then my old 2005 camry.

Very quick, yet to put my foot down though!

Braking is very strong compared to the Camry, (Brake assist or something like that helps)

Also having the Curtain air bags as standard is a great idea.

I love the look of the Aurion to, the Sportivo ones anyway.

Toyota peace of mind to, had camry's for the last 8 or so cars, never had one problem, although I only keep them for 2 years or so. People I have sold them to also have ha dno problems.

The qaulity of the Aurion is very good,very fast,very fuel efficent, what more could you ask!

Forget about Navman.

Garmin is the best in portable GPS.

Just read any GPS review or April's APC magazine.

Get the Garmin Nuvi 660 - around $1000 to $1100.

Toyota's GPS is quite good compared to the ones in other vehicles.

However, other than the security advantage, portable GPS is more "customizable".

Forget about Navman.

However, other than the security advantage, portable GPS is more "customizable".

A few weeks ago I purchased a GPS.

Except I was using mine for Mountain bike riding, therefore no street by street voice was needed.

My choice was Garmin or Magellan. I got the Magellan only because it had a few more features I needed at a good price.

Garmin is also better then Navman as ZR6 said.

Just don't leave any visible things in your car when you park it, Don't leave the mount there either. As if there is any sign of a GPS some idiot will see if there is one there (Normally in the console, glove box).

So just be careful, happens alot.

I bought my GPS from GPSOz, very good, Free delivery or you can go to there 2 stores. Also they know what there talking about (each product) I asked them so many questions and they answered spot on!

Forget about Navman.

Except I was using mine for Mountain bike riding, therefore no street by street voice was needed.

My choice was Garmin or Magellan. I got the Magellan only because it had a few more features I needed at a good price.

Just don't leave any visible things in your car when you park it, Don't leave the mount there either. As if there is any sign of a GPS some idiot will see if there is one there (Normally in the console, glove box).

I bought my GPS from GPSOz, very good, Free delivery or you can go to there 2 stores. Also they know what there talking about (each product) I asked them so many questions and they answered spot on!

Quite correct about the GPS brand...

I would stick to Garmin or Magellan because they've been on the scene before there was GPS in cars or in department stores

Not going to get into the GPS debate, as I havent used the other brands.

But I have had the Navmen for 2 years and hasn't failed yet, i put the address in and go.

Always gets me there . So im happy. :clap:

Cheers,

Mark.

Not going to get into the GPS debate, as I havent used the other brands.

But I have had the Navmen for 2 years and hasn't failed yet, i put the address in and go.

Always gets me there . So im happy. :clap:

Cheers,

Mark.

I think your best off looking at them all. Pick out one you like in your price range and get it. If you get a known brand you should be fine with it.

Looks like GPSOz has the best price in Australia. Even cheaper than ebay.