How to remove Map Light Console.

Hi guys.

Ive been doing some research around trying to remove the map light console (the whole bit where the map lights are above the rear view mirror). Ive looked every where and cant seem to find any guides.

I was going to try and see if I can pop it out with a screwdriver but I don't want to damage the roof lining.

Its a really long story but as I was upgrading my map lights to led's the little switch inside actually came loose and was floating around in my roof lining.... I was not impressed. So I need to put that switch back in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers..

• 8 months later...

I have a Prius v III and would like to access the area behind the map/dome light panel. Your video is great but I find my console to be much more stubborn and I'm afraid of damaging the console. Is the Prius v III map light console installed the same as your example.

Thanks

Oh you lucky sod! I can't disconnect the map light panel from my roof to remove it, the wires are connected directly as opposed to a plug for some reason, made. Changing the bulbs nearly impossible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Ive been doing some research around trying to remove the map light console (the whole bit where the map lights are above the rear view mirror). Ive looked every where and cant seem to find any guides.

I was going to try and see if I can pop it out with a screwdriver but I don't want to damage the roof lining.

Its a really long story but as I was upgrading my map lights to led's the little switch inside actually came loose and was floating around in my roof lining.... I was not impressed. So I need to put that switch back in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers..

i find a butter knife is less damaging the s screw driver.